In need a Maryland home inspector

3 Replies

Searching for a home inspector for  a single family home in Capitol Heights, MD.  Ideally, someone who works (or has worked) with contractors and can provide me a break down of labor and material.

Thoughts, suggestions, recommendation are appreciated.

Thanks

EJ

Originally posted by @Ernest McNeil :

Searching for a home inspector for  a single family home in Capitol Heights, MD.  Ideally, someone who works (or has worked) with contractors and can provide me a break down of labor and material.

Thoughts, suggestions, recommendation are appreciated.

Thanks

EJ

A home inspector will not give you a break down of costs. That is not their job, nor what they are licensed to do.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

Thanks for your feedback.  I am looking for a home inspector that has a background in working with contractors. I know they are out there since I met one but he is not local. Exact figures I can get from a contractor but if a home inspector can provide some insight that would be helpful.

Thoughts!

Generally speaking , home inspectors are clueless to material costs and labor costs . Thats not their job . They simply inspect the house and give you a report as to their findings .  The kitchen cabinets may be butt ugly , but if they are in good shape they are fine . A 1960's pink bathroom may be old , but if everything is in good shape its a non issue . 

I do know of 1 contractors that is a licensed  home inspector , he is  so good that real estate agents do not recommend them .  he comes out with a licensed electrician , plumber , hvac , and even a irrigation contractor if necessary . They are deal killers . They arent cheap , but they specialize in 1 million plus homes . They will do cheaper houses , but their minimum charge is more than 4 times of the competition . 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.