Welcome to all Investors in Worcester

Welcome to all Investors in Worcester

Douglas, MA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hello all,

I am new to BP and normally don't post but after hearing about the new subforums I saw there weren't any posts in my market and couldn't let it sit empty. I am a student going to school in town and looking to start house hacking soon. I hope everyone enjoys the sub forum and it picks up now that the ice has been broken.  I hope to speak to and meet you all in the near future. 

Taylor 

2Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Mark PitziPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Middleton, MA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 7 votes
9y

I'd agree with Alan. Not as many good deals on MFs in Worcester right now but good deals can still be found and made. Just a little more research is involved to find the diamonds in the rough. Appreciation over the past 6-12 months has tightened the returns on buy and hold investments in Worcester. I still think you can get better returns than eastern MA though but strong research is certainly required.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Natick, MA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    what's up Taylor, thanks for breaking the seal, I attended Assumption and am now looking to invest in multi fam properties in the Worcester area, looking forward to connecting in the sub forums!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Worcester, MA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Hey guys! Yeah, I'm sure this sub forum will begin to pick up soon. I attended WPI and am still working in the city.  My partner and I are looking to establish our business structure, learn as much as possible, and get our marketing ramped through the winter so come spring time we'll be ready to pull some triggers. We are looking to begin with minor rehab and flips, working with local wholesalers to build the capital required to eventually acquire a few multi-families. 

  • Realtor · Westwood, MA · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    HELLO Worcester!

    Anyone Investing in Worcester these days? (that is on here and will admit it that is). I worked as an Agent in the Worcester market for years and still do business there although I'm further east now.

    RJ

  • Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
    9y

    Hi @RJ Reynolds

    I'm currently looking at Worcester county, just multi families. Where are you currently doing business?

  • Rental Property Investor · Holden, MA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi, I bought in Worcester 2 years ago, but haven't seen too much recently to peak my interest. I will say I am optimistic regarding where the city as a whole is headed...lots of development and money being pumped in. It might be a good time to look just outside the city.  

  • Mark PitziPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Middleton, MA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I'd agree with Alan. Not as many good deals on MFs in Worcester right now but good deals can still be found and made. Just a little more research is involved to find the diamonds in the rough. Appreciation over the past 6-12 months has tightened the returns on buy and hold investments in Worcester. I still think you can get better returns than eastern MA though but strong research is certainly required.

  • Realtor · Westwood, MA · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    @Steve Bracero 

    I am back in my original stomping grounds around Westwood, MA now and still do business in the Worcester area, primarily in my role at my wife's company. We do photography, floor plans and other marketing material for Real Estate Agents so I'm selective in my representation of clients.  Often the best thing I can do for them is match them with the best agent I know in their area of interest or, carefully craft a plan that allows me the time necessary to get the job done right. I've done the "stretched too thin" thing in the past and it does no one any good, especially my client who are relying on me to be on top of everything during a transaction. Obviously, when your busy with multiple roles in life, it's vital to be up front with clients about your availability.  Anything I can do to help advise you toward your goals, know that I'll do my best or put you in touch with people I know who can help.  I briefly read your goals and wish you all the best!  I'm still working out my 2017 goals and know that buying investments will be a part of it.  I'm considering the Worcester area.  Friends of mine in that area and I used to get together every week to play Cashflow.. maybe we'll start that up again in the new year, it was a blast!

    RJ Reynolds, Realtor

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Taylor T. Hey Taylor...  Any luck on that house hack purchase? I've been house hacking my Worcester three family for years now . If you need any advice, let me know.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.