Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club

10 Replies | Ann Arbor, Michigan

Hi all,

I am gaining interest in real estate investing, and I would like to join a local club. Does anyone have any experience with the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club? I'd love to find a club that provides good info and networking.

Dave

hi @David Wesorick welcome to the site. Make sure to ad a pic of you on your profile. I am also new and looking at meet ups. I have gone to the metro Detroit one a few tims and is really good. You can talk to Tom N. about the details. As far as AA there is one but you have to join and pay a few hundred dollar fee. I haven't gone so I'm not sure if it's worth it

Originally posted by @David Wesorick :

Hi all,

I am gaining interest in real estate investing, and I would like to join a local club. Does anyone have any experience with the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club? I'd love to find a club that provides good info and networking.

Dave

Havent attended yet, but heard real good things.. Planning to attend this upcoming week.. Reach out to @Joe Villeneuve he can tell you everything about AA REIC

@Mike Carino  @Adam Spencer  @David Wesorick

Anyone that has questions about the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club just let me know.  The next meeting is this coming Tuesday (8/4).  They are all about education.  Some of it is paid for, a lot of it is not.  The networking is 2nd to none.  

Here are the basics:

They meet 4 times a month (that should tell you a lot right there).  Each month is a themed topic with the themes organized in a specific order...each month's theme building on the previous months.

They have grown from around 20-25 members in 2008, to the 684 as of this writing.  By morning that number will increase...it always does.

I am a member of the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club (A2REIC) and I can vouch for them.  You will be hard pressed to find a better group.  @Joe Villeneuve does most of the instructions, and is truly dedicated to growing the knowledge base of everyone involved.  Hope to see you there Tuesday.

Originally posted by @Reed Starkey :

I am a member of the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club (A2REIC) and I can vouch for them.  You will be hard pressed to find a better group.  @Joe Villeneuve does most of the instructions, and is truly dedicated to growing the knowledge base of everyone involved.  Hope to see you there Tuesday.

Thanks Reed.  See you Tsdy

I've heard good things about the A^2 REIA as well and hope to get to it soon. The meetup @Adam Spencer  mentioned that we do is like the before-the-speaker or after-the-speaker part of a REIA. We usually meet along the I-696 or I-75 corridor so it may be a bit of a drive for an Ann Arborite. It's just the casual conversation, networking and deal making part with no formal agenda, speaker or sales. 

As such, we meet at a local bar/restaurant and the only cost is whatever one eats or drinks. There's usually 25-35 attendees, from multi-decade veterans to aspiring newbies. The venue changes date and location month to month so people can make it when they're available. It's announced here on BP in the http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings sub-forum as well as via our closed facebook group and a monthly email list (message me to be added).

For example, here's the thread for last month's meetup http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/209734-detroit-michigan-monthly-meetup-july-2015 that has links to the facebook group and last month's event page. We'll post this month's meetup later this week. Everyone is welcome.

Originally posted by Tom N. mentioned that we do is like the before-the-speaker or after-the-speaker part of a REIA. We usually meet along the I-696 or I-75 corridor so it may be a bit of a drive for an Ann Arborite. It's just the casual conversation, networking and deal making part with no formal agenda, speaker or sales. 

As such, we meet at a local bar/restaurant and the only cost is whatever one eats or drinks. There's usually 25-35 attendees, from multi-decade veterans to aspiring newbies. The venue changes date and location month to month so people can make it when they're available. It's announced here on BP in the http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings sub-forum as well as via our closed facebook group and a monthly email list (message me to be added).

For example, here's the thread for last month's meetup http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/209734-detroit-michigan-monthly-meetup-july-2015 that has links to the facebook group and last month's event page. We'll post this month's meetup later this week. Everyone is welcome.

We have members coming from Bay City, Lake Michigan cities, Warren, Monroe...even Hawaii.  685 members and growing every day.