Credit union or local bank financing for apartment building

Credit union or local bank financing for apartment building

Investor · Minnetonka, MN · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 18 votes

Hello All,

Looking for recommendations on local banks or credit unions for commercial apartment purchase financing. Any products out there with 85% LTV, 10 year balloon and 30 year amoritization? Thanks in advance.

Bilal

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Tim SwierczekPro Member
Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

@Bilal A. I"m a lender that works in this space and I have not heard of a lender with an LTV of 85%. Banks are regulated and I don't think their regulator would allow that. FHA does have a 15% down program but it takes 6 months to get the loan and so its only used for refinances. You're more likely to find most banks at 75% and a few select banks at 80%. All of the 80% LTV banks I'm aware of amortizing the loan over 25 years, most balloon in 5 years. I do have a bank that will balloon in 10 and amortize over 30 years but they require 75% LTV.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Bilal A. I"m a lender that works in this space and I have not heard of a lender with an LTV of 85%. Banks are regulated and I don't think their regulator would allow that. FHA does have a 15% down program but it takes 6 months to get the loan and so its only used for refinances. You're more likely to find most banks at 75% and a few select banks at 80%. All of the 80% LTV banks I'm aware of amortizing the loan over 25 years, most balloon in 5 years. I do have a bank that will balloon in 10 and amortize over 30 years but they require 75% LTV.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    As @Tim Swierczek mentioned you are searching for a unicorn. Will be hard to get unless you can negotiate a contract for deed and at that many people want 20% down in the commercial area. Tim would be a good resource for you, he has been able to get loans for a couple of my clients which involved a partial seller carry or a HML to take on part of the first. Some of these loan options come and go though.

  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2013 · 430 posts · 178 votes
    6y

    @John Woodrich @Todd Dexheimer May be able to provide some guidance up in that area

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bilal A.:

    Hello All,

    Looking for recommendations on local banks or credit unions for commercial apartment purchase financing. Any products out there with 85% LTV, 10 year balloon and 30 year amoritization? Thanks in advance.

    Bilal

    HUD will get you 35 year am, fixed with up to 85% LTV

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Bilal A.

    Is this under or over 1M? Commerical loan? Talk with local banks if Commerical under 1M. Each market and lender is different

  • Investor · Minnetonka, MN · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Todd Dexheimer Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.