Buy rental properties in Jackson, MS or surrounding area

Buy rental properties in Jackson, MS or surrounding area

Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hey guys! I live in San Diego, CA but my team and I will be buying property in Jackson, Ms or any surrounding areas. We are learning the skill and getting the financing in order.

I would like to connect with any others in the area to share resources, contacts, and be among like-minded people. Reach out if interested. I would love to hear from you!

Be safe out there.

Thanks,

Sean

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 48 votes
6y

I grew up right outside of Jackson, MS in a town called Crystal Springs. I have looked at several Jackson properties over the last few years, but haven't moved forward with purchase. I did buy 27 acres of rural land near that new Continental Tire factory in West Jackson/Hinds County. My plan is to lease to a solar energy developer or cellular company.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Be very cautious in what areas you buy in and around jackson..  
  • Trey GuerieriPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Sean, I'd be glad to help you in your Jackson, MS investments. I am an investor, broker, and property manager here in Jackson and have been investing here for over 13 years. As Jay said above, you have to be very careful where you invest here. 

    Thanks,

    Trey

  • Investor · Brandon, MS · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hello Sean and Trey, I am an active duty Marine stationed in MS and live in Brandon MS, about 10/15 minutes from Jackson. I am just getting into real estate investing and am closing on a rental property this month in the area. I would enjoy bouncing ideas off of each other and exploring opportunities. I would like to further highlight caution with certain areas of Jackson. I'm exploring multifamily deals within that area as well. Please feel free to reach out anytime, stay safe.

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Andrew, Trey and Jay, thank you all!

    @Jay Hinrichs I will definitely heed the advice and learn from your wisdom. I will listen to your previous podcasts to learn even more. 

     Also thank you for your service to the Heroes in uniform! 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Trey Guerieri:

    Sean, I'd be glad to help you in your Jackson, MS investments. I am an investor, broker, and property manager here in Jackson and have been investing here for over 13 years. As Jay said above, you have to be very careful where you invest here. 

    Thanks,

    Trey

    Highly recommend Troy as a broker and resource I Have known him for about 15 years now as a client and now I am a client of his LOL.. U want good local talent in that city to make sure you don't get talked into an area your going to regret.. 

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Trey Guerieri Thank you very much!  My team consist of a few dedicated family members. We have a house in Byram, MS. This year, we plan to buy 1-3 properties as rentals. First, I want to grade the different neighborhoods to decide where we will invest. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect and get started on some deals.

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Jennings Congrats on the rental property! I bet that comes with a great feeling. Do you self-manage or have a property manager? I ask in case of deployment.

  • Investor · Brandon, MS · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Sean Evans, thank you. I used the VA loan so I need to owner occupy for one year before renting it out. The military gives us Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), so I am making money off of myself with this deal. Moving forward I plan to self manage my properties. As for deployments, I've done four of those already and it's time for the younger Marines to pay their dues haha. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance, I'd enjoy talking to you about what I've seen in the Flowood / Brandon area, which is where I plan on investing further. Good luck buddy!

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Trey Guerieri:

    Sean, I'd be glad to help you in your Jackson, MS investments. I am an investor, broker, and property manager here in Jackson and have been investing here for over 13 years. As Jay said above, you have to be very careful where you invest here. 

    Thanks,

    Trey

    Highly recommend Troy as a broker and resource I Have known him for about 15 years now as a client and now I am a client of his LOL.. U want good local talent in that city to make sure you don't get talked into an area your going to regret.. 

     With that recommendation, I would be a fool to not seek Trey. His history speaks for him. Been in the Jackson market for many years. Thanks for the validation of him.

  • Trey GuerieriPro Member
    Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I'll be glad to help any way that I can. Feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or topics of discussion.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2020 · 156 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    Been living here all of my life. Great place to invest depending on where and what your niche is. Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    I grew up right outside of Jackson, MS in a town called Crystal Springs. I have looked at several Jackson properties over the last few years, but haven't moved forward with purchase. I did buy 27 acres of rural land near that new Continental Tire factory in West Jackson/Hinds County. My plan is to lease to a solar energy developer or cellular company.

  • Developer · Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 53 votes
    6y

    @Breelon Bryant what are the best zip codes to buy middle class properties?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.