Architect · Cary, NC · Member since 2018 · 96 posts · 63 votes
7y
Michael,
I'm not sure how you currently deal with your heat and hot water, but once you install separate boilers and hot water heaters, the cost is paid directly by the tenants. In my opinion separate units on separate meters is 100% the way to go. The new units will pay for themselves through the money you save not paying the utilities out of pocket. Regarding the conversion, natural gas tends to be much cheaper and there is no oil company to contract with.
Architect · Cary, NC · Member since 2018 · 96 posts · 63 votes
7y
Michael,
Search around for plumbers online or ask friends who have used plumbers previously. Most licensed plumbers can complete this type of job for you. Depending on the level of work you decide, an architect or engineer may or may not be required to file the job. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone offhand who I would recommend.