Skip to content
Raleigh Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Liliana Ruano
Pro Member
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Raleigh Property Mgmt recommendations (And Airbnb advice)

Liliana Ruano
Pro Member
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Dec 23 2017, 10:43

Hi Everybody,

My husband and I recently purchased a house in Raleigh that was intended for my recently widowed mother-in-law.  Unfortunately, she fell ill in November, and passed away on December 4th.  We would like to keep the house as a rental, but are not up to managing it at this time.  We are hoping to get some recommendations from all of you for the best local property management companies.  At the very least, we are interested in hiring them to find and place a tenant for us, and then we could take over from there if we want.

On a separate note, if we take on finding a tenant, and managing everything ourselves, then we would like recommendations on how to best perform the necessary background checks on prospective tenants.  We have had issues in the past with less than awesome tenants, and we do not want to repeat our mistakes.

One last thing ... we are interested in learning more about short term rentals (Airbnb), and the potential that this house might have in such a market.  The house is located on the 400 block of Jones Franklin Rd.  Any input about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Liliana

Loading replies...