Newbie Investor Looking to learn in Durham NC

Newbie Investor Looking to learn in Durham NC

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone, my name is Avery Brendle. 

I am a recent college graduate of App State currently working in cybersecurity in the Durham area. I am looking to learn about the Durham market and the successes and failures others have encountered here. I would love to network, and hear from you all. 

Current goal: to own my first rental property in the area by the end of 2020.

Thanks in advance!!

Avery

0Reply
27 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tommy AdeoyePro Member
    Investor · Member since 2020 · 164 posts · 87 votes
    6y

    Hello Avary ,

    Welcome on board . Congratulations on your recent achievement. Do you have a niche or strategy that interests you? 

    Are you looking to be an active or passive investor ? This is a great platform to equip yourself with the necessary toolset to get you started. BP has this functionality called the "keyword alert" that notifies you once anyone in your area posts. Otherwise, You may also go to the network section and just search for who investors in area and order your results by top contributors. Connect with them and have them invite you for a meet up around the area.

    Good luck in your endeavors.

  • Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Hey Avery, welcome to BP and the Triangle area! Durham is a cool town with a ton of opportunities for investing. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. 

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hi Avery! I’m in Durham, and not quite new at RE, but certainly a novice. It’s a ripe market here rn!

    I’ve been lucky enough to make some really great contacts up here since moving from Charlotte a few years back, and would be happy to share.

    TREIA is also a really good resource, definitely worth the $150 a year (I think) for membership. 




  • Investor · Springdale, AR · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Hey Avery! I just graduated from a GVSU in Michigan & am currently a software developer. I'm looking to house hack in the Durham area & am looking mostly for cash flowing properties (less focused on appreciation). I'll send you a message!

  • Walker KirkikisPro Member
    Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Avery Brendle Hi Avery! Welcome to the wonderful world of real estate! You are in the right place to network and learn as much as possible!

    I live and invest in Durham so feel free to message me.

    Walker

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.