• north carolina
Votes |
A different kind of mentorship?

Sean H.
  • Developer
  • north carolina
Posted Jan 16 2021, 12:51

*Not trying to advertise, just thinking what people thought of my idea.*

I always hear/see a lot of young investors saying they want to get started in real estate but have no money or experience. 

Wouldn't getting a job in construction accomplish this, over paying a guru "x" amount of dollars? I only have one to two houses im working on a time, but my cost and quality is always controlled since i do most of my own work. I have stability, since one project with keep me busy for four to six months, and i usually will have some more deals lined up by then. 

Ive been needing to hire someone else to help do a lot of my punch, and have been trying to decide whether i'm going to have better luck finding another druggie who has been in and out of construction all their life or "hungry" real estate investor. I think the qualms about the latter, is i think a lot of investors would rather take the "academic" approach to real estate. I do most of my own work, not because it saves me a ton of money, but because i would rather fill my day with a saw in my hand vs. a phone. 

Loading replies...