Is Wholesaling a good idea in Cleveland?

Is Wholesaling a good idea in Cleveland?

Real Estate Broker · Denver, CO · Member since 2010 · 40 posts · 9 votes

I'm everybody, I'm an investor looking to wholesale in Cleveland. Assuming I can find deals, is there a lot of investors looking to buy discounted SFR's? What are the hot strategies? Fix & Flip, Buy and Hold, seller financing? It's so different from market to market. Thanks!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Jon Moore:

I'm everybody, I'm an investor looking to wholesale in Cleveland. Assuming I can find deals, is there a lot of investors looking to buy discounted SFR's? What are the hot strategies? Fix & Flip, Buy and Hold, seller financing? It's so different from market to market. Thanks!

Are there a lot of investors looking to buy discounted SFR's? Yes of course. Will they be likely buying them from a wholesaler? No, probably not. Reason being guys like me spend 6 figures a year marketing to the sellers. Thus insuring that those investors are buying them them from me instead.

Realtors have such a large advantage over the wholesalers. Outside of wholesaling actually being illegal brokerage activity it's just a poor mans business plan that doesn't work.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    9y

    The department of commerce in ohio has been cracking down on wholesaling lately, especially anyone without a real estate license. I'd proceed with caution. 

  • Wholesaler · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    Hi John, there are plenty of deals as well as plenty of investors looking to buy those deals. But I agree with Matt that the department of commerce is cracking down. Go to the department of commerce website at ohio.gov and they will explain the proper way to wholesale in Ohio. Also, pretty much any strategy will work, just make sure the numbers make sense for you.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jon Moore:

    I'm everybody, I'm an investor looking to wholesale in Cleveland. Assuming I can find deals, is there a lot of investors looking to buy discounted SFR's? What are the hot strategies? Fix & Flip, Buy and Hold, seller financing? It's so different from market to market. Thanks!

    Are there a lot of investors looking to buy discounted SFR's? Yes of course. Will they be likely buying them from a wholesaler? No, probably not. Reason being guys like me spend 6 figures a year marketing to the sellers. Thus insuring that those investors are buying them them from me instead.

    Realtors have such a large advantage over the wholesalers. Outside of wholesaling actually being illegal brokerage activity it's just a poor mans business plan that doesn't work.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.