Home insurance & home inspector recommendations - Cleveland

Home insurance & home inspector recommendations - Cleveland

Attorney · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 51 votes

Hello all:

My offer was accepted last week on a SFR in Cleveland, zip code 44128. This is my first investment property (out of state investor). I am looking for recommendations on a home inspector. I also would like recommendations for a home insurance company. What average costs for an inspection and home insurance do you see?


Separately, any advice on what coverages to get or avoid. And general advice on what mistakes you made on your first (or any) property that I can avoid, please share!

Property: 3 bed, 1 bath, 1050 sq ft, 2 floors, built in the 1940s, new roof. Rented with long term tenants who wish to stay.

Thanks!

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Rolling Hills Estates, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes
6y

@Kellan Martz Congrats! Investing OOS is the way to go. 

I've used NREIG to insure my Ohio properties and they've been pretty solid thus far. 

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Architect · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 89 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Kellan Martz Congratulations! I have a great home inspector. PM me and happy to refer you.

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi Kellan,

    PM me it won’t let me post his info...

    Stephon

  • Inspector · Fort Lauderdale · Member since 2019 · 223 posts · 51 votes
    6y

    HI Kellan, for highly qualify and trained inspector you can look at nashi.org or ASHI this are the biggest association in America for home inspectors . Good Luck.

  • Real Estate Agent · Rolling Hills Estates, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Kellan Martz Congrats! Investing OOS is the way to go. 

    I've used NREIG to insure my Ohio properties and they've been pretty solid thus far. 

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.