Investing in Cincinnati neighborhoods

Investing in Cincinnati neighborhoods

Domanie GrangerPro Member
New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes

I'm a new investor and have been looking into purchasing my first property in Cincinnati. I'm originally from there, but I'll admit its been a few years since I've been back and I'm not entirely familiar with a lot of the initiatives that the city has enacted. I've been doing my research on BP and various other sites, and I was hoping to invest in the Uptown areas, but just from an initial look at Zillow, it seems to me that the area looks quite flooded with rental properties. I've been hesitating to include those areas in my search, as I just wasn't sure I would be able to find tenants, based off of the glut of inventory. Anyone have any negative or position investing experiences in the Uptown areas that could give me some insight?

Thanks for the help, 

Domanie

0Reply
36 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2008 · 319 posts · 243 votes
    6y

    Do you mean investing in student housing? Yes there is a ton of turnover, but there is a strong demand. I have not had any problem filling my property in Clifton. 

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hi, I’m not an investor (yet) but I volunteer with a student organization with most of the students living in Uptown. I am aware that there will likely be a drop of international students for this coming fall semester due to COVID concerns. That may impact short-term demand but I’d imagine it wouldn’t affect mid to long term outlook.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.