Communities between Akron and Cleveland - thoughts?

5 Replies

Hello everyone! My family and I are planning to relocate to northeast Ohio next summer to be near family (currently live in Fairlawn, west of Akron). My plan is to get into real estate sales, while continuing to build my rental portfolio (focusing at the outset on SFH in solid school districts and small multis). While our family is nearer to Akron, my thought is that it would make the most sense to situate myself in a community between Akron and Cleveland to take advantage of a higher level of volume and opportunity that I understand there to be in Cleveland.

Any recommendations on particular communities? Anyone want to make a strong overture in favor of focusing my efforts in Akron as opposed to suburbs of Cleveland? Currently looking in the Broadview Heights, Brecksville, North Royalton, Hudson, and Stow areas primarily.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Hudson is the most 'hoity-toity' city in that list. Stow is a suburb of Akron the rest are suburbs of Cleveland. I only play in the Akron sandbox (and not in that nice part of the sandbox). It's hard to find good cashflow in the nicer areas. All of those listed would be considered mostly 'A' neighborhoods. 

I do hold my monthly meet up at a Mexican restaurant in Stow, so when you get here please stop by!

@Jill F. Thanks for your response! I'm realizing I should have been clearer with my OP. I am looking to live in one of the aforementioned communities, but part of my focus on them is to give me quality access to good areas for buy-and-hold opportunities in both Akron and Cleveland. I see that you are in Akron and Barberton with your investments. Any other communities you recommend I look at in the Akron area? With Akron being a smaller city, have you had vacancy issues? I'd love to know more about the cashflow numbers of your properties. 

Originally posted by @Mark Sandvig :

@Jill F. Thanks for your response! I'm realizing I should have been clearer with my OP. I am looking to live in one of the aforementioned communities, but part of my focus on them is to give me quality access to good areas for buy-and-hold opportunities in both Akron and Cleveland. I see that you are in Akron and Barberton with your investments. Any other communities you recommend I look at in the Akron area? With Akron being a smaller city, have you had vacancy issues? I'd love to know more about the cashflow numbers of your properties. 

All cities you mentioned are very nice places to live. Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Hudson in particular.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here