Connecting with Tulsa

Connecting with Tulsa

Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 8 votes

How's it going BiggerPockets! I'm Cayla and live in Tulsa County and I'm an investor. I'm new to investing however I have the desire to learn and connected with likeminded people so we can all reach our goals. Weather that is financial freedom, creating a legacy for your family, or creating a business that God can use! I'm looking to connect with wholesalers, investors, real estate agents, and contractors. Lets do lunch. 

7Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Southern CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
5y

Hi everyone! Just want to hop on this thread and join the conversation. My husband and I are (relatively) newbie out of state investors, we acquired our first two properties in OK last year. We are looking for our third rental, and would love to find something in Tulsa! We’ve got all our ducks in a row and are ready to pull the trigger once the right property comes along. :)

Would love to hear about where you guys are in your REI journey, maybe we can help one another reach our goals!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Cayla Walker

    Welcome to investing in Tulsa. I don’t get out for lunch much these days, but if I can serve you in any way please holler.

  • Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Nate Sanow

    Hey Nate thanks for the vote and the replay. I enjoy seeking wisdom from people who enjoy offering it. I will definitely hit you up when questions arise.  

  • Aurora, CO · Member since 2018 · 180 posts · 166 votes
    5y

    Hi Cayla. Like you, I'm looking to buy my first Tulsa property, but Im not local, so its not easy. I've been watching Tulsa real estate from afar for about a year now. Ive seen almost no "duplexes". What I have seen repeatedly, is SFH, advertised, and then in the property description, almost as a side note, 2nd unit included. Maybe its a converted garage, or a complete 2nd home on the property.

    I asked a realtor in Tulsa about the zoning, legality, code enforcement, etc of this, and was told Tulsa isn't policing this.  It requires more time to find, but may fulfill your need.

    Good luck. 
     

  • Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Cayla Walker Hello! I'm a newbie REI in Tulsa! Would love to have coffee and get to know each other and how we can help along this journey. Message me if youre interested. :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    Hi Cayla,

    Welcome to investing, I'm happy to connect. I'm a real estate agent and investor myself. In response to Terre, there are a LOT of duplexes in Tulsa, but people typically don't part with them. 

  • Lender · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cayla Walker @Hannah McBee Great to see new faces interested in the Tulsa market.  I am a investor focused lender who enjoys conversations about the financing side of the investment.  If either of you are interested in a conversation, lets connect and set something up.  

    Jake Lasko

  • Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Jake Lasko @Hannah McBee 

    @Tom O'Stasik

    Thanks for replying if any of you are free Wed the 10th around 12-3 I would be happy to set up a meeting place and connect with you. 

  • Member since 2020 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hi @Jake Lasko that sounds great. Do you recommend connecting with you close to when I am ready to get pre-approved or earlier than that? I'll be seeking preapproval through a few lenders this summer. thanks! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    Cayla & Hannah, I'd love to get together for coffee but I am not available at that time tomorrow. I am available Thursday afternoon. 

  • New to Real Estate · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone!
    I’d guess this wonderful weather we have had put a stopper in any meetups.

    I'm also new to the REI game working to develop secondary income from my day job through buy and hold properties. I am looking to network would love to get to know all you lovely folks. In the meantime as the snow melts shoot me a message and let's connect.

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hey Everyone,

    I'm a newbie out of state investor as well, but I just got a SFH rehabbed and rented out in Broken Arrow (working on the refi part now). Definitely looking to network and I'm hoping to make more occasional trips out to Tulsa/Broken Arrow in case any meetups are happening.

    Does anyone know of a recommended lender for the refi? So far I've reached out to 2 online lenders (better / quicken) and the bank of oklahoma, but that was just through some googling and not based on anything else.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Ben Li ZFG Mortgage in Tulsa just completed the re-fi portion of my most recent BRRR

  • Realtor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Cayla Walker and @Hannah McBee! I am also a local real estate invest who is new to the game. It is always great to meet other people with the same goal. I would like to meet for coffee as well if that is okay with you. 


  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Dakota A. Thanks! I'll hit them up as well.

  • New to Real Estate · TULSA, OK · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    @Ben Li reach out to michael bacon with Tulsa federal CU. He does all my refi and I am telling you he is the best. Message me and I will send you his info

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Tracy Streich and @Scott England would both be great Tulsa resources to connect with! 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    My wife and I are new to investment properties as well. We are looking forward to developing connections and learning from others in this new venture

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Thanks for all the references! I ended up proceeding with ZFG for refi - didn't meet Tulsa FCU's requirements of having immediate family in the area.

    I am finishing up my second property now in BA - hope to get it done and rented out within the next month.

    I'll also be in the area (Broken Arrow, specifically but I can drive around) on Saturday April 3 and would love to meet some of you if you're interested in chatting a bit - please let me know! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Southern CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone! Just want to hop on this thread and join the conversation. My husband and I are (relatively) newbie out of state investors, we acquired our first two properties in OK last year. We are looking for our third rental, and would love to find something in Tulsa! We’ve got all our ducks in a row and are ready to pull the trigger once the right property comes along. :)

    Would love to hear about where you guys are in your REI journey, maybe we can help one another reach our goals!

  • Rental Property Investor · Southern CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Ben Li:

    Hey Everyone,

    I'm a newbie out of state investor as well, but I just got a SFH rehabbed and rented out in Broken Arrow (working on the refi part now). Definitely looking to network and I'm hoping to make more occasional trips out to Tulsa/Broken Arrow in case any meetups are happening.

    Does anyone know of a recommended lender for the refi? So far I've reached out to 2 online lenders (better / quicken) and the bank of oklahoma, but that was just through some googling and not based on anything else.
     Hi Ben,

    We are hoping to invest in Tulsa from out of state too!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
    5y

    @Rina D. I can put you in touch with a couple of lenders. I sent you a connection request

  • Lender · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Rina D. Great to see new faces. I'd enjoy connecting with you to share my journey to Tulsa RE. I'm an out of area lender who focuses on bridge loans for Tulsa investors. Thanks!

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Rina D. I also reached out to 5 different lenders (better, quicken, bank of oklahoma, zfg mortgage, and tulsa FCU) and ended up with ZFG. PMing you - definitely interested in hearing more details about your deal!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Hi Everyone! Popping into the thread to say I'm also relatively new and looking for a rental property in Tulsa. I am out of state (Austin, TX) so always looking to connect with people who are actually in the area. 

    I am hoping to find something I can turn into a rental with very little effort. My ideal situation would be something that is already tenant-occupied. I've been doing my best to familiarize myself with the neighborhoods from afar, but would like to make a trip up sometime soon. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Suffolk, VA · Member since 2020 · 59 posts · 22 votes
    3y

    Hey! Checking out this thread. Live in Hampton Roads, VA and have 2 investment properties there. Have a few people I know out in BA who said Tulsa was a great place to invest in. Interested in hearing from the out of state that are still investing there. How has the past year been? @Melanie Lovejoy @Rina D. @Ben Li

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.