Investor-Friendly Contractor in the Philadelphia Area

Investor-Friendly Contractor in the Philadelphia Area

Real Estate Agent · 901 Market st Suite 3065 Philadelphia, PA 19107 · Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 37 votes

Hey BP, 

I am a young investor that is looking to dive into flips and rentals in the Philadelphia area. I was to start assembling a team together and am looking for any recommendations of contractors that will offer a little bit more hand-holding, as I am still fairly new to this process. 

Please drop any recommendations below!

Thanks!

1Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 37 votes
4y

I started as a real estate investor in Philly, but was disappointed with the GC's a subs I was finding.  As a matter of fact, far too many these days don't write contracts or stick to their price commitments after the project is well underway.  Some of them even walk off the job, even after they pull permits and are technically responsible for the work.  

After much thought, I decided to become a GC and mange all aspects of my investment rehabs myself.  Then I was getting requests from other investors to help with their homes, so I did.  

Let me know if you'd like to talk.

- Robert

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2019 · 106 posts · 47 votes
    4y

    @Saaj Patel, everyone is looking for those lol. But shoot me a PM, I got a few recommendations. 

  • Stephen KennedyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · PA, Philadelphia · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 21 votes
    4y

    Hey there, 

    I work with some of the best GCs in the philadelphia! Let me know if you would like their info. 

  • Contractor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 37 votes
    4y

    I started as a real estate investor in Philly, but was disappointed with the GC's a subs I was finding.  As a matter of fact, far too many these days don't write contracts or stick to their price commitments after the project is well underway.  Some of them even walk off the job, even after they pull permits and are technically responsible for the work.  

    After much thought, I decided to become a GC and mange all aspects of my investment rehabs myself.  Then I was getting requests from other investors to help with their homes, so I did.  

    Let me know if you'd like to talk.

    - Robert

  • Investor · DC/MD/VA/PA/NC · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I'm also in the market for GC's or subs in the area. I have a flip in Delco.

    @Robert Gorra - I've had a similar experience where I've had a really hard time with getting GC's to even give me an estimate, and the few that have have been way overpriced (ie, they want me to put in $20k of cabinets in a budget flip) or have had their prices go up by about 40% and still not give me a firm price when I try to nail down the scope of work. I am also leaning towards GC'ing it myself, so I'm using an architect to draw up plans, and I'm looking for subs. I'd love to chat with you more about the process.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stephen Kennedy:

    Hey there, 

    I work with some of the best GCs in the philadelphia! Let me know if you would like their info. 


     Hey Stephen, I know this was a while ago, but are you still in the business?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.