Over the last few years, my team and I have sold and closed over 25 transactions a month in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. Personally, I have seen the best and the worst deals come across my desk. I have a lot of faith in the deals that I put out and the vetting that I do for the deals that I make available.
I am looking for what investors are seeking most in the agent that they use. I am confident in the volume and value that I provide with each deal. Just looking for the x-factor that sets some agents apart from the rest.
I would love to answer any questions about what I do and also get feedback from agents and investors who are active.
Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 14 votes
7y
I would agree with Tim, in that I would want to see a breakdown of numbers to see if its a good deal. Also, some details on rehab estimate - new roof, new plumbing, new floor or refinish, etc.
IMO: Your "x" factor is gonna be helping others achieve their goals, because in turn you will achieve yours!
That is exactly how I personally send deals out. Every deal that I put out is put out with a full "project analysis". This will have every piece of information from AS-IS comps to the fully rehabbed. I will also include a light overview of rehab given to me by a GC or a qualified appraiser in. That is why I believe that myself and my brokerage have had the success we have had with out of state and overseas investors.
You must be right Eric!
The most gratifying feeling that is getting the call about 3 months after closing from an investor who just sold a deal 103% of list in the first month of being on market.
Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 27 votes
7y
@William E. Brown I personally wouldn't waste your time putting together rudimentary financials for your investor clients. The only things I want my agent to do is present me with off-market deals, negotiate the buy and sale, and handle everything associated with the transfer of title.
I believe it's the investor's responsibility to know the market, know the MLS properties, run the numbers, etc. There are exceptions, but that's my general opinion.
Other than that, the big things to me with an agent would be timely service, shrewd negotiating...and low commissions don't hurt!