An update on my post from 3 years ago re: my rentals

An update on my post from 3 years ago re: my rentals

Investor · Elverson, PA · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 53 votes

@Or Levy asked for an update on my properties and I thought I'd post it here for anyone else who is looking.  It's been about 3 years and I'm happy with my Pottstown properties (even the "Just because you CAN buy a house for $5000 doesn't mean you SHOULD buy a house for $5000" one that I ended up putting $50k in work into).

It took us about 18 months to get them stabilized - deal with all the repairs that popped up during initial renting and whatnot. I picked up 4 more properties along the way for a total of 6. I was able to BRRR them, and so I got some cash out (maybe 10k). In the past 12 months, they have a NET cashflow of about $150/door (I'm shocked how accurate my prediction was before). Additionally, Pottstown has experienced some great appreciation in the past few years. Hope this helps!

4Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2018 · 216 posts · 160 votes
5y

Thanks for sharing this Beka! My Pottstown portfolio looks similar, but about 2 years behind you, so this is interesting for me to see. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2018 · 216 posts · 160 votes
    5y

    Thanks for sharing this Beka! My Pottstown portfolio looks similar, but about 2 years behind you, so this is interesting for me to see. 

  • Investor · Montgomery County, PA · Member since 2020 · 255 posts · 238 votes
    5y

    @Beka Shea Congratulations on successfully refi-ing and cash flowing these properties. I see Pottstown continuing to appreciate over time and is a great spot for rentals. When you eventually decide to liquidate you'll likely find yourself making a lot more than you put into these properties. All the best in your investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2017 · 119 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    @Beka Shea Nice! Definitely a great rental market. Thanks for sharing.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 294 posts · 245 votes
    5y

    @Beka Shea Congratulations on your success. I have seen many horror stories from people buying $5000 houses, but I'm glad you were able to pull it off. Pottstown has really been popping off in recent months and shows no signs of slowing down. 

    Myself I have moved many properties there lately, and theres always a huge interest when I put one out and it always sells super quick.

    @Clark Kirkpatrick Sounds like your right there with her just behind a few years, keep at it!!

    Dan Powers - Real Estate Agent

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.