What appliances do you typically include in your SFH rentals?

What appliances do you typically include in your SFH rentals?

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi all,

I'm closing on my first SFH rental in the 19121 zipcode area in Philly and wanted to know what do you usually include in your rentals?

I'll have for sure a refrigerator and a stove. But was thinking about a washer and dryer as well? There is a hock-up in the property, so was just thinking to get an open box washer/dryer from best buy, probably will cost me $800 but I feel I can add about $100/month to the rent. Any thoughts?


The property is a 3beds one bath. So, might be more suitable for a small family, which is why I'm more inclined to add the washer and dryer. 

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Little Ferry, NJ · Member since 2016 · 426 posts · 226 votes
4y

@Mostafa Alawi You should add all the appliances for the kitchen 

Washer and Dryer, I never do. I only provide the hook up for people because that alone is typically enough to ask for more rent.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Little Ferry, NJ · Member since 2016 · 426 posts · 226 votes
    4y

    @Mostafa Alawi You should add all the appliances for the kitchen 

    Washer and Dryer, I never do. I only provide the hook up for people because that alone is typically enough to ask for more rent.

  • Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    Mine has the washer and dryer in it, mainly because of it's location it's very difficult to get one in an out of the laundry room/half bath. Anyways, I put a stipulation in the lease stating that they can use my washer and dryer if they want. If it breaks- they can pay to have it fixed or I will remove them for free and they can buy their own. This takes my responsibility off of it, and also allows them to use it and not have to purchase a set. Basically they get to use it for free in exchange I'm not going to repair it for them. My set is 11 years old and going strong. 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Mateusz Prawdzik thanks for your insights.

    When you say all kitchen appliances, do you include dishwasher and/or microwave?

    Thanks again!

  • Developer · Little Ferry, NJ · Member since 2016 · 426 posts · 226 votes
    4y

    Yes - all Kitchen appliances I include. Stove, Fridge, MW, DW, Range Hood (If any), etc.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Bill Ward thanks for the response. I wish if there were already a W/D in the property I'm buying. That would have made it easier for me to decide!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.