Real Estate Broker · Florida Keys · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
Hey all! I hope you are having an incredible start to your week!!
I am looking to connect with like minded investors here in Charleston Area. Our investment strategy in the area is buy & hold and continue to grow our portfolio.
Looking forward to connecting with you all, sharing market thoughts, trends and strategies!
Apartment Syndicator · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 973 posts · 728 votes
6y
nice shout out @Sarah Young. the Friday breakfast meeting is a great place to connect. The next one is 8/21/2020 and will be posted on the BP event page
Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 88 votes
6y
Hi Lucas! Are you living in the area now? We have an investor meetup every other Friday morning, and it happens to be this Friday that we are meeting. It’s a great way to connect with other local investors! PM me if you want more info.
Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 11 votes
6y
@Lucas Rowell nice to meet you. My company has seen a surge in response from local Sellers and our pipeline is fairly healthy. We can connect directly to discuss what opportunities you would like to look at. Message me anytime . Best regards, Dewey.
Real Estate Broker · Florida Keys · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
6y
@Sarah & Dewey
Thanks for reaching out!! Looking forward to connecting with everyone and chatting on strategies and market conditions.
I live in Key Largo FL and am active in the Keys and Miami-Dade markets so meeting up is difficult, however definitely open to connecting on here and any virtual events. :)
Our plan is to grow our buy and hold portfolio in North Charleston systematically and substantially over the next 7 years.
What are you all seeing right now up by you? Markets are really strong down here 6 -7 offers on every property, definite sellers market and massive over inflation in value.
Property Manager · North Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
6y
Hi @Lucas Rowell!! I hope you are well! I am a leasing director in North Charleston, SC. The rental market is extremely strong right now. We have properties renting in as quickly as 2-5 days (of course, depending on price, condition, etc.). Inventory is low right now and things are moving so quickly.
Let me know if you have any questions I can assist you with.
Real Estate Broker · Florida Keys · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
6y
Question for the group what types of mark ups are you seeing on properties from wholesalers?
Down in South FL things have been dixie-chained and marked up so much even if you have someone with direct contract you can expect a 20-30k mark up without a great reduction in price so wholesalers are selling pretty much at or above market.
Is this pretty typical up there? Trying to find some folks that understand how to eat for a life time not just once, that way everyone has room to profit.
Hi Lucas! Are you living in the area now? We have an investor meetup every other Friday morning, and it happens to be this Friday that we are meeting. It’s a great way to connect with other local investors! PM me if you want more info.
Hi Sarah, is this done over Zoom right now or somewhere in person? Interested!
Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 88 votes
6y
@Ross Bowman it was cancelled last week, but other than that, we’ve been meeting in person. It’s the 1st & 3rd Friday of every month from 7:30-9 am at a café downtown. I’m happy to share the location if you want. Just PM me.
Apartment Syndicator · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 973 posts · 728 votes
6y
nice shout out @Sarah Young. the Friday breakfast meeting is a great place to connect. The next one is 8/21/2020 and will be posted on the BP event page
hey all! I just entered the Charleston, SC market. My team wholesales deals across the US but are new to Charleston. Would love to meet with other wholesalers, flippers, and just make more partnerships in general. @Lucas Rowell please feel free to reach out to me if you are still in the market for deals!
Realtor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 88 votes
5y
Hey Lucas! Glad you’re here! My husband and I are flippers in Charleston. There’s a great group of investors who meet the 1st & 3rd fridays of every month (we are meeting this Friday) from 7:30-9 am at 60 Bull Cafe downtown. Would love to meet you there!
Real Estate Broker · Florida Keys · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
5y
@Troy & @Sarah,
Thank you all for reaching out! : )
I know most of our local DREIA's are doing virtual meetings as of right now given the circumstances. (We live in the Keys) If you all currently do not do, is this maybe something you all would be interested in getting together maybe do a once a month brain storm or mastermind? Seeing I do not live in area anymore anything in person would be difficult to attend. @Frank welcome, would this be something you would have interest in as well?
I don’t think I’d personally be up for a virtual meeting. There are so many in-person meetings here locally (even more than mentioned), that I just don’t know I’d have the time or desire to add a virtual one.
@Lucas Rowell we are meeting tomorrow 7:30am at 60 bull cafe in downtown
Hey there Danny, Thank you for the invite : )
I have become a long distance investor in the Charleston area now that we moved from the area to the Keys. With that said not sure if you all are open to some kind of virtual mixers etc, but would certainly be down for that : )
Rental Property Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 9 votes
5y
@Lucas Rowell I am in the Charleston market and love chatting about real estate i have been in the North Charleston market investing heavily for the last 4 years.