Finding a Rental in Nashville Market

Finding a Rental in Nashville Market

Accountant · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi all,

I know this forum is more geared toward current and prospective investors (also the reason I'm here and listen to the podcast) – still I wondered if anyone could weigh in on the best way to quickly find a nice house to rent in the Nashville market without MLS access, given how aggressive the market is with the influx of new buyers from CA etc. I'm pretty early on in my career and don't quite have the liquidity to purchase in this market just yet.

Is it appropriate to consult a real estate agent in this market if only looking to rent and, if so, is there a strong enough financial incentive on the agent's side to offer a reasonable amount of assistance? The people I’m talking to insist I should still be able to find a rental by myself, but Zillow and other sites with rental listings appear to be fairly picked over. For reference, I’ll be looking for something within a 30-minute commute of Brentwood in the $1,900 - $2,300 /month price range around July-August. I’m a little worried it will be difficult to find something for a reasonable value within a one-month time frame close to when my existing lease ends, so just trying to get a gameplan together in advance.

Any input is much appreciated.

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 12 votes
5y

@David Goodman hey David! Hate to piggy back but I’m looking to purchase a multi family home in Nashville in the next 1-2 months. Would it be alright if I reached out to you as well?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • David GoodmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
    5y

    @Blake Hise

    What’s up Blake. I’m an agent. Helping you find a rental is not beneath me... feel free to reach out and give me a feel for what you’re looking for.

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @David Goodman hey David! Hate to piggy back but I’m looking to purchase a multi family home in Nashville in the next 1-2 months. Would it be alright if I reached out to you as well?

  • David GoodmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
    5y

    @Dasia Washington

    Of course Dasia

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Blake Hise are you open to East Nashville?? 
    We have a house there that the lease ends at the end of May. We haven’t heard yet if the current tenants will be renewing or not. If not I can let you know!! It would be in that price range. We are strongly considering upgrading the kitchen if the current tenants don’t renew. 

    Feel free to PM me!! 

  • Andreas MuellerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2019 · 376 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Facebook marketplace and zillow are pretty good, but the competition is tough! Setup an auto message to notify  you of any new rental listings. We own 6 doors in nashville and rent them always on those platforms. they go fast

    THE Investor Agent and Management: For Investors by Investors
  • Specialist · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Blake Hise 

    Hey Blake, I have a few clients with rentals I sold them in the South Nashville area that I can reach out to if you didn't want to purchase a property yet. Not sure what level of luxury you're looking for, but they are renovated and well within your budget at least! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Blake,

    You can access the local MLS without an agent login for the most up to date listings; I always recommend this over Zillow, Trulia, FB, etc. Those platforms should be secondary for searching because they are picked over because of their easy access to all. The local MLS is called RealTracs and you can access it here: https://www.realtracs.com/

    To search for available rentals, simply search for your area (Davidson Co for example), and filter rentals only --- see picture below:

    Message me if you need any more assistance searching, I'm glad to help you figure it out. I don't help clients find rentals, but I'm still a renter myself so I am well aware of this process.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.