Looking to Purchase Multi Family Units in Chattanooga

Looking to Purchase Multi Family Units in Chattanooga

Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 32 votes

Im from Chattanooga & currently living in Atlanta (10 years). Im a licensed Realtor in both states so I do a lot of back and forth driving. Im looking to purchase a multi family property preferably a 4+ units so I can live in one when I come back to the city and rent the other units out. The MLS for Chattanooga seems pretty dry, definitely not like the Atlanta market. Can anyone recommend a good wholesaler or brokers who specialize in multi family?

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Brian LevredgePro Member
Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 903 votes
8y

I have a number of duplexes and own a PM company here that manages quite a few more.  We may have something you're interested in.  Off market. 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    Hey @Rashad Jones Jennings, 

    We actually have one on the MLS right now on Dayton Blvd a 4 plex. Chattanoogacashdeals.com. We specialize in SFR and flips. There is also a SFR on the property closer to the street. Check it out.

  • Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 32 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Kurtis Montgomery:

    Hey @Rashad Jones Jennings, 

    We actually have one on the MLS right now on Dayton Blvd a 4 plex. Chattanoogacashdeals.com. We specialize in SFR and flips. There is also a SFR on the property closer to the street. Check it out.

     Hey Kurtis, Ive seen that one before. I think what steered me away from it was because I didn't know much about the market in Dayton. I will give it another look and run the numbers on it. Im primarily looking for value add properties and not so much turnkey. Im looking for a property where I can force appreciation and refi in 12 months. Thats my strategy. But I will take another look at your property for sure. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    @Rashad Jones Jennings The property is in Red Bank/Hixson neighborhood of Chattanooga.  There is plenty of room to update.  Happy hunting.

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    @Kurtis Montgomery has that sold? I didn't see it come through my email from BJ. can you send me details?

  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    @Ryan Stahr this property we put on the MLS. 5862 (SFH) & 5866 (Quad) Dayton Blvd.

  • Brian LevredgePro Member
    Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 903 votes
    8y

    I have a number of duplexes and own a PM company here that manages quite a few more.  We may have something you're interested in.  Off market. 

  • Developer · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Rashad Jones Jennings:

    Im from Chattanooga & currently living in Atlanta (10 years). Im a licensed Realtor in both states so I do a lot of back and forth driving. Im looking to purchase a multi family property preferably a 4+ units so I can live in one when I come back to the city and rent the other units out. The MLS for Chattanooga seems pretty dry, definitely not like the Atlanta market. Can anyone recommend a good wholesaler or brokers who specialize in multi family?

    Check out 2003 and 2005 McCallie Avenue in Chattanooga  (6 unit apartments) if you’re still looking for a multi-family place to live in and rent out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I can’t rebound as well as @Rashad Jones Jennings but am also interested in Chattanooga area Multi Family units and Single Family rentals. Would love to know more about the property on McCallie Ave and Dayton Blvd. 

  • Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Brenda Jean Adamson I really liked the floor plans of McCallie properties. My plumber checked out the units and said he had never seen a new build like this in the area. He was impressed by smart plumbing and layouts.  I bought a couple small multis in that area and I am in process of renovating them. 

  • Developer · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Tuba Warden Thanks for those comments. These are built based on the “Missing Middle” - much needed for our area. Johnathan ? built one apt building using the same plan for CNE. They are near Redemption to the Nations church. Such cool buildings!

  • Real Estate Agent · KW Commercial · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Rashad Jones Jennings - I’d be happy to connect and help you in your search!

    I work with the Robert Fisher Team and one of our specialties is multi-family.

    I’ll reach out via DM.

    Cheer,

    Riley

  • Real Estate Agent · KW Commercial · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Zach Ferrell - Let’s connect. I’d be happy to learn more about your investment goals and plans.

    I’ve sent a message request!

    Take care,

    Riley

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.