Are you feel like playing Catch 22 in this current market?

Are you feel like playing Catch 22 in this current market?

Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 459 votes

It's hard to find good deals with all numbers working for better return but when you find it it's hard to find a real buyer. When you have good investor who is motivated to invest, you never will find good deals. You will get all crappy, all hyped up deals which you cannot really make it work. 

I feel that way.  What do you all think? 

1Reply
3 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2014 · 345 posts · 288 votes
9y

Okay, now I'm following you -- In my experience a truly good deal will get snatched up pretty quickly.  Investors are coming out of the woodwork to buy GOOD investments - Actually, investors are paying way too much --- I just sold a flip to an investor buyer about 5K over retail and about 20k over the 1% metric ... i wouldn't have advised my investor clients to buy at those numbers.  

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2014 · 345 posts · 288 votes
    9y

    I think .... that I am now very confused .... I can't really tell what you are trying to say --- but I guess it's still early and my brain may not be working very well yet this morning.  But if you are saying there aren't any good deals out there for your clients - then that's BS ... plenty of good deals to be found -

  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 459 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Wallace What I am trying to say, When i can find good deals, I cannot find investors to buy it. When I have investors, I don't find good deals which really works for them. That's what I am trying to say. it's not really complicated. 

  • Rental Property Investor · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2014 · 345 posts · 288 votes
    9y

    Okay, now I'm following you -- In my experience a truly good deal will get snatched up pretty quickly.  Investors are coming out of the woodwork to buy GOOD investments - Actually, investors are paying way too much --- I just sold a flip to an investor buyer about 5K over retail and about 20k over the 1% metric ... i wouldn't have advised my investor clients to buy at those numbers.  

  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 459 votes
    9y

    Agreed!!  I don't either. Some are really very impatience and just want to grab anything without doing lots of analysis. So you sold a flip above market which is good for you but don't feel good for the investor you sold?? 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 234 posts · 145 votes
    9y

    @Vijaianand Thirunageswaram One thing to remember is that everyone has different measurement for "Good Investment" . Some of us would go for Cash flow compare to some of us go for synthetic loss to save that 40% other earnings. Its tough to say a good deal in ones eye is a good deal for everyone (assuming we all know what a really bad deal looks like) . 

    I have a HUGE database for sellers and we sell every house under contract and our buyers are always satisfied with purchase .  Happy to reach out to my investors if you needed a bit push to sell. 

  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 459 votes
    9y

    @Shahriar Khan Agreed!! That's what get's more complicated. I do have list of investors but they all different and deals what I have doesn't fit some and others are not interested in that area and it adds up.  I do have deal came to me which seems to be good buy and hold and trying to find investor for it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Park City, UT · Member since 2016 · 678 posts · 531 votes
    9y

    @Vijaianand Thirunageswaram just sent you a PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.