Notes Networking in Houston

8 Replies | Houston, Texas

I’m finding it difficult to locate networking events, clubs, or other “in person” resources for notes/liens/etc investors.  It may be a long shot, as it seems these “alternative strategies” are the hardest to network around.  I’m already attending NoteExpo in Dallas in November, but are there any local Houston networking events or clubs specific to notes/liens/etc?   Any advice from anyone on a good place to start networking in person for these sorts of strategies?

Originally posted by @Gordon F. :

I’m finding it difficult to locate networking events, clubs, or other “in person” resources for notes/liens/etc investors.  It may be a long shot, as it seems these “alternative strategies” are the hardest to network around.  I’m already attending NoteExpo in Dallas in November, but are there any local Houston networking events or clubs specific to notes/liens/etc?   Any advice from anyone on a good place to start networking in person for these sorts of strategies?

My advice?  Use meetup or something similar.  Forget 'clubs', find a few people DOING this and make them your best friend.  That's what I did in the multi space (and some became genuinely my best friends).  Clubs and groups might be just a bunch of people that want to do it and not people that ARE doing it. 

Originally posted by @Cody L. :
Originally posted by @Gordon F.:

My advice?  Use meetup or something similar.  Forget 'clubs', find a few people DOING this and make them your best friend.  That's what I did in the multi space (and some became genuinely my best friends).  Clubs and groups might be just a bunch of people that want to do it and not people that ARE doing it. 

Thanks, Cody.  I completely agree on the clubs!

Hi @Gordon F. ! You can check real estate get-togethers in the Events and Happening Forum, located at http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings. Also, you can find and connect with other BP members that are in your area via this link: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Notes? Most common reaction I get from my pool of family and friends is "sounds like a scam." 

You know how frustrated people get when they don't understand. They won't even hear me out when I attempt to show how the banks do it.

Anyway, I'm here to talk notes anytime, or sell notes anytime. 

I'm in process of getting really creative with some real estate offerings. 

Let's talk about it.

Originally posted by @Scott Carson :

Hang out at Quest IRA's offices as they have a lot of note investors that show up there. We'll be starting an Austin Note Meetup the first of the year...

Actually, this the third time this week I've been told to check out Quest IRA, so that's definitely something I'll do. Thanks for the suggestion! So do you just hang out, like loiter at Quest's offices, or do they have regular meet-ups?