Looking for companies that will insure houses in LLC.

Looking for companies that will insure houses in LLC.

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote

We have one investment property in the Houston area and will be closing on another soon. Can anyone recommend options for Homeowners Insurance for properties in an LLC. I've found that many companies won't insure a home in an LLC. We are currently with Tower Hill Insurance and are not unhappy but wouldn't mind comparing some rates. Thanks!

1Reply
35 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Washington, D.C · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 93 votes
    5y

    Hello Eugene,

    We use NREIG (https://nreig.com/) for insuring investment properties in LLCs, their coverage is tailored to the needs of investors and their customer service has been good in my experience

  • Rental Property Investor · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 446 posts · 412 votes
    5y

    I've never had issues with insuring investment properties in an LLC. If you are a homeowner, I don't believe you are supposed to own it in an LLC (not an expert on this), so you may have issues if you are living there, but Foremost, State Auto, etc will all insure investment property. I would find a good broker in your area as they can get you the correct type of policy for adequate coverage, etc.

  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Eugene,

    If the LLC is owned by an individual (and/or spouse) and it does not have any other types of operations (contracting, retail, etc) most of our markets for 1-4 family rentals will write the LLC. I would contact a couple of independent agents (represent multiple companies) in that area and see if they can provide coverage.

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Thanks for the replies so far! Does anyone have a great insurance agent in the Houston area that can help with insuring properties in an LLC?

  • Jesus RomanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes
    5y

    Hey @Eugene Balogh I will be sending you our insurance brokers information over a PM. They are located locally here in Houston. 

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Thank you Jesus.  I look forward to the info!

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey @Jesus Roman, in a similar situation. Would appreciate your insurance brokers info! Thanks

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    For all of our Texas investors, we recommend Mark Elder https://www.mark-elder.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 144 posts · 42 votes
    5y

    I use spearhead insurance,theyll do LLC's and stuff in your name. good prices on umbrella policies as well

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.