San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 8 votes
Since California is sky high to buy I'm looking to buy out of state. Wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right areas to look at, what areas to avoid or any information worth sharing. Looking to get a 2-4 unit investment that is in a transitioning C to B area and still needs renovation work.
Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 159 posts · 86 votes
9y
@Michael Swope Let's connect soon. Private message me with details on price point you're looking to be in, your proposed financing and overall goals and I'm happy to send you some deals that will get you to your goal and generate cash flow.
Some of the areas that come to mind off hand would be some parts of Grand Prairie, Arlington...some areas of Dallas just to name a few.
Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
9y
For a longterm MF buy/hold, Killeen/Ft. Hood may be a great market, especially as our military is strengthened with republicans in office. I say this because 1-2% appreciation is pretty standard in this tertiary market.
Other than that, I'm not sure why you'd invest in any of the Texas metro areas due to its coastal nature. Given that Texas Metro markets are at peak with avg of 5-10% appreciation over the last 3 years, you could find yourself underwater in the near term.