Investment property in Rockdale TX

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    I could probably be of assistance for you in this.  I was born and raised in Rockdale and my ex-wife and daughter still live their.  I'm not sure exactly what information you are looking for, but feel free to send me a private message on here and I help you any way I can.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I am looking at Rockdale for a rental property possibly, but know nothing about the location, and potential in Rockdale.    I am in the Austin area and looking for different areas with less competition.  

    Is Rockdale Growing being fairly close to Austin?

    Are there parts of Rockdale to stay away from?

    Any other insight anyone with experience in Rockdale may have.  

  • Broker/Investor · Georgetown, TX · Member since 2011 · 249 posts · 146 votes
    9y

    Rockdale is a depressed blue-collar town that hasn't been able to rebound since the main employer (Alcoa) closed its plant there. It may work okay for a rental but I'd never think of doing a flip there. I don't have physical evidence of the actual numbers but my educated guess is that it has a net loss of residents and jobs.

    It's not that far from Austin; go have a look.

  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    9y

    As a Rockdale native, I totally agree with @Jarrod, rental properties would be the only thing I would consider there.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.