Investors from outside US on BiggerPockets

Investors from outside US on BiggerPockets

Denmark · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I am from Europe (Denmark) and I want to use all the content and education available here on BiggerPockets to begin my real estate business here in Denmark.

There are different laws, different markets, niches I could imagine.

I'd therefore like to ask if any of you can lay out what are the most important differences that I should notice. Which of the financial strategies for the US real estate market do not apply to e.g. Denmark?

Looking excitedly forward to your answers.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Western Cape · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
8y
@Arish Ahmad You should disregard anything on here regarding law. Just focus on the mentality, the drive and attitude. Use rules as guidelines but remember Denmark is a different animal in regards to supply of houses, demand and a multitude of other factors. Good luck
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Western Cape · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    @Arish Ahmad You should disregard anything on here regarding law. Just focus on the mentality, the drive and attitude. Use rules as guidelines but remember Denmark is a different animal in regards to supply of houses, demand and a multitude of other factors. Good luck
  • Western Cape · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    @Arish Ahmad But as a rule. Denmark is a difficult place to do creative finance.
  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hello! I am an American living in Abu Dhabi. I want to invest in Atlanta, GA. I will specialize in condos and have specific zip codes for my market/territories.

    My main concern is rehab and management of condos. What condo-specific books/blogs/YouTube channels are recommended?

  • Denmark · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Joachim Lassen - Thanks a lot for the answer. That's just what I feared ;) I will have to figure out the Denmark real estate market for myself - won't find a ressource telling me all the hacks just that easily

  • Søndersø, Nordfyns · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi - from Denmark as well.

    Have you read the book by Halfdan Timm called 15pct ? You can find it here 15pct.dk

    He writes about how to buy small condos in Denmark. It was this book that got me started.

    Were are you from? I am hosting an educational meeting in Århus next month on how to get started in bigger condo blocks.

  • Denmark · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Lars Lottrup

    Thank you for pitching in. 


    I am from Odense, but I actually live in Aarhus right now. I would love to join your meeting. Where can I read about it? And I do speak Danish ;)

  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hey @Bert Durant, did you ever get any useful recommendations for resources for your investment project?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.