Mortgages for Seniors in Australia: I need a lender

Mortgages for Seniors in Australia: I need a lender

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 180 posts · 66 votes
Dear BP friends, I am trying to help Family in Sydney, Australia to find a mortgage lender that works with seniors. They are 69 and 65 and are saying they can’t get a mortgage. They are buying in a town 90 minutes from Sydney and currently own no real property. They have plenty for a down payment. The home is approximately 600k. Can anyone recommend a strategy or a specifIc lender that can work with older Australians? Could I be a guarantor for them? I would deeply appreciate any advice!! Thanks!
0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Melbourne, Victoria · Member since 2015 · 203 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    G'day Garrett.  I have a couple of lenders i use here in Australia that I could refer to you, if that helps.  Unsure if you as a US citizen can go guarantor or not, but I am sure the mortgage broker could tell you this.  PM me and I can give you the details.

    Their difficultly is probably their serviceability on the loans as banks assume that once at retirement age in AU (65+) that they are going to give up work if they haven't already.  Maybe a guarantor or similar might help.  Anyway, hit me up if you want details

    Chees

    Lindsay

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.