International Real Estate

International Real Estate

Global · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 52 votes

I love BiggerPockets. It is full of great information, stories, and has a great community. I have learned much through the podcast and by reading. I'd say about 99.9% of the content is geared towards the USA, however, much of the knowledge, wisdom, tools, rules, etc. are applicable in foreign markets where I have been using them.

I would love to share my success stories, lessons learned, etc. from investing in international real estate, but the platform does not really provide a way to do that. For example, if I try to add my investments to my profile, the dropdown menu assumes my property is a state within the United States. 

I want to open up the discussion to something atypical and talk about my adventures in doing what we do in the USA and applying it in South America and Southeast Asia.

I am curious what the founders of this site, moderators/admin, etc. think about this and if they could add a feature to list "Other" locations outside the USA. 

8Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Singapore · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 9 votes
6y

I would be interested in an international meet up or site. Perhaps there could be a virtual meet up? I'd love to hear what some of you are doing. My husband and live in Singapore and own here as well as Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, the US and Canada. But I'm always interested in hearing what works for others and what strategies can be taken from Bigger Pockets and used elsewhere. 

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Global · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @André Rairan Zacchi Pereira in Brazil and Colombia. They are mostly penthouses. However, I do have a 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms smaller apartment that is a pre-construction that I am waiting on. And I also have that one property in the favela in Rio de Janeiro. I also have some boutique hotel investments.

    Eventually, I want to invest in Vietnam, specifically the new smart-city districts that will be developed in Ho Chi Minh.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.