Good leads for selling property in the Caribbean

Good leads for selling property in the Caribbean

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 7 votes

Hello,
Has anyone on the forum bought or sold residential properties in the Caribbean? Would appreciate advice or leads. Thanks in advance, Paul

0Reply
53 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Strongsville, OH · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Paul,

    I was researching just this topic on this site last night! I have not pulled the trigger on anything yet, but I am looking into Grand Cayman and Costa Rica. I am panning my 6th trip to Grand Cayman as soon as my daughter gets her passport renewed. I have heard mostly good things about Costa Rica. The best resource I have located so far is globalpropertyguide.com. They aren't a lot of properties on the site, but there is a lot of useful information and they don't appear to be selling anything.

    Good Luck.
    Chris

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Chris,

    Thank you for this reply and your suggestion.

    Actually, I have a property which I'm looking to sell, it's a 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom next to the Four Seasons resort property and located in Nevis - the island where Alexander Hamilton, on the US$10 bill, was born.

    Will look at the website you mentioned, perhaps they can help me advertise the property.

    I've heard good things about Costa Rica, but never been there but had some good times in Guatemala.

    Good luck in Grand Cayman and Costa Rica!!

    Best regards,
    Paul

  • Member since 2010 · 210 posts · 158 votes
    13y

    I have bought in the the Virgin Islands. But the caribbean is made up of different islands and countries so the experience will be different in Nevis.

    Is the house your selling a vacation home?

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Yes and no. The area where the property is located is a mixture of vacation homes and homes occupied by foreign professionals working in the hotel and financial services sectors. Rather than keeping it empty we have been renting out the property typically on 1-year leases.

  • New to Real Estate · Caribbean · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello Paul,

    There are many options in the Cayman Islands who buy and sell the property. I bought residential property in the Cayman Islands five years back with luxurious amenities and there are many local agents too. Fortunately, I got in touch with West Indies Brokers who showed me all the exquisite property options and that is also sea-front. You can also try once, hope you like it. Thanks.




















    Ho

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.