Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 154 votes
The school year has started which in a normal year marks the beginnings of our seasonal slow down. But, “normal" was SOOO 2019.
5 days on market for homes under 400,000? What’chu talkin’ bout Willis?
Inventory is a bit lower than last week but nowhere near as low as earlier this year. More buyers are getting under contract, and people are getting a chance to “think about it,” like an hour instead of 20 minutes, before making an offer.
Architect and Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 13 votes
5y
It's good to see actual statistics on this. I've noticed that some homes are doing price drops because they aren't moving. People think that they can list an absolute turd of a property for $500k and I'm glad people are no longer jumping on these dump properties. I have several non real estate friends and they just can't get into anything right now. Let's just hope it continues to stabilize to more reasonable transactions! The prices are whatever but the competitiveness is out of control...
Property Manager · Nashville & Salt Lake City · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 20 votes
5y
Yup, I just sold my South Jordan rambler for less than I thought the market would bear/bare/beer (sp?), and then a similar home (1760279) got listed for way more that was more updated. It's the end of the week. Anyway, I think there's light at the end of the tunnel for buyers.