User Stats

Votes
David Spencer
Votes |
500k in Shoreline, West Seattle, Or Rainier Valley

David Spencer
Posted Dec 1 2018, 19:59

Hi There,

I am looking to by my first house. I will likely live there for a few years, and then keep it as a rental property. At the moment my price range is around 500k. After checking out houses all over Seattle I've found houses that interest me in Shoreline, West Seattle, and Rainier Valley.

I am in my late 20's and work in Fremont, but work location isn't a huge factor for me since I only commute a couple days a week. Ideally I will find a place that will allow me to have a roommate to help pay the mortgage. I also have a dog, so a small fenced yard is a requirement.

In terms of looking at the locations as a rental investment, what area would you pick? Shoreline has the link light rail coming in a few years, but Shoreline is very north, doesn't feel like being in a city. West Seattle is also getting light rail, but that is more than a decade away. Rainier valley has light rail, but the neighborhoods are a bit of an eye sore.

Obviously the house/neighborhood would make a big difference, but based on the locations alone, do you guys have any recommendations/advice?

Thanks!

Loading replies...