Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
I would like to connect with wholesalers of single-family homes in the Milwaukee area. After years of contemplating, we are diving into real estate investing as a part of our long-term retirement strategy. I would also like to connect with like-minded investors. I look forward to starting this journey.
Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Jodi Graf/Premier Point has all realtors that are also investors. The Borowski's who own Homestead also are successful buy & hold investors and Daniel Balderas/Modern Milwaukey is also an investor/broker with bi-lingual agents. Feel free to send a request to join our private local REI club---Brew City REI Club where you can connect with active, honorable and impassioned local investors and resources.
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 138 posts · 52 votes
6y
@Steven PersonsCongrats on taking the first step. Sorry I don't know any wholesalers in the Milwaukee area, but I have used a really good realtor who also invested in rentals. Message me if you are interested.
Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Jodi Graf/Premier Point has all realtors that are also investors. The Borowski's who own Homestead also are successful buy & hold investors and Daniel Balderas/Modern Milwaukey is also an investor/broker with bi-lingual agents. Feel free to send a request to join our private local REI club---Brew City REI Club where you can connect with active, honorable and impassioned local investors and resources.
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 161 votes
6y
@Steven Persons lots of investors in the Milwaukee area. Like Rebecca suggested, join the brew city group on facebook to connect with a lot of people, you'l find lots of agents that also invest in the group.
As an active investor, there are about 2-3 wholesalers in Milwaukee I will work with. Rebecca is one of them. You should definitely be careful of the out of state wholesalers who are out here offering turnkey services. Its an easy way to get taken for a ride.
Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Amen Adam---"You should definitely be careful of the out of state wholesalers who are out here offering turnkey services. Its an easy way to get taken for a ride."
Many 'investors' turn in to motivated sellers shortly after dealing with the above....this is coming from local investors who know very well what is going on here in our City.
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
6y
Adam and Rebecca-
I appreciate your comments and perspectives. I have submitted a request to join the Brew City REI club on facebook, as you suggested. I look forward to connecting with other REI's.
Developer · Kenosha, WI · Member since 2017 · 141 posts · 91 votes
6y
Definitely check all local REIAs and clubs/meetups/etc. Your network should be your top priority and you'll earn quickly what wholesalers know their stuff and who to avoid by hanging around other investors.
Just a tip here though- wholesalers do tend to have large mailing lists and the good properties will drive a bidding war. Be wary of overpaying.