Leveraging direct-mail marketing as a first time investor

Leveraging direct-mail marketing as a first time investor

Montreal, QC · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone,

I have a double question for the other investors/wholesalers in Quebec. (especially Montreal/Laval)

Here is a bit of background, my partner and I have been looking for our first property (single-family) and due to the pandemic lockdown being slowly lifted there has been a surge of demand for houses in our target neighborhood.

We are looking for a place that needs work and this hasn't seemed to reduce the competition in the area, the last two properties we went to see had 3-4 other offers by other DIY investors like myself willing to pay (almost) top dollar for properties needing lots of rehab. We cannot compete in bidding wars, it will eliminate any possible profit for us.

Ok so here are the questions:
How do I get deals from wholesalers or real estate firms that have already generated the lead? (especially wholesalers using direct mail marketing)
IMPORTANT! I wish to get the deal before it hits the MLS.

And if so, does anyone have any recommendations for how to find these wholesalers/ferms?

Also, I have a sort of related follow-up question:
After our first property I would like to start generating leads myself using direct-mail marketing, is this always done with cash paid in full? 
Has anyone had luck with some sort of financing for these types of deals?

Thanks.

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 587 posts · 269 votes
    6y

    Hi William! I dont know much about data in Canada but I pick an area I want to purchase in and mail all owners. 

  • Investor · Laval · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi William,

    I recently was approached by a whole seller for properties in Laval and Montreal.  I can share the info in private.  One other way to get this is the good ol' driving for dollars approach in the area you're looking to get into. 


    As for the actual direct mail campaign, I wouldn't be able to help you on that one since I haven't done it yet.


    Rod

  • Montreal, QC · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks, Rodrigo,
    Yes, I have been doing a bit of driving for dollars, it's actually kinda fun.
    I would be very interested in the info, let me know how/when.

    As for the direct mail idea, I am currently trying to get hold of a list for the area of my interest. It is unclear how much this will cost, we shall see

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.