Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
Any investors that can educate me on Fox Creek, Alberta? It's a smaller town so I am curious if anyone on BP has knowledge of the local market in that area. I know the basics such as population etc. More interested in vacancies, growth, types of renters, how quickly properties sell, job market, what the town is like and anything else you think is relevant to a rental investment.
Hoping we have some Edmonton or Grande Prairie area investors that are familiar.
Rental Property Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 200 votes
5y
Oh Fox Creek... I stayed there one night, while on a field job in my past engineer life. It's a very small town with nothing to do and no good places to eat. Best option was buying something at the grocery store and heating it up in my hotel room microwave. I don't think many people would choose to live there. Not somewhere I'd choose to invest, that's for sure. Of course that's just my impression from spending one night there; can't really call that market research.
Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
5y
@Zorya Belanger Thats about inline from what I have heard from a couple of people lol. A lot of the jobs/renters come from the surrounding oilfields.
I had a client reach out to me yesterday to ask if I could help him move a rental property out there or if he should list it. So I figured I would see if anyone on BP had anything interesting to tell me.
It's a decent property actually. SFH Clean and decent sized. 3 bed up vacant($1800), 1 bed legal down rented @ $1000 util included.
Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 22 votes
5y
It is a small town so vacancy could be an issue with a small tenant pool to choose from. As an aside I do know that if you have a service van (plumbing, etc) and your phone number is on the side your phone won’t stop ringing! A little hard to get qualified service trades to head out there. Just my two cents.