REI GAME CHANGERS Reviews James Hodges

REI GAME CHANGERS Reviews James Hodges

Realtor · Golden Isles, GA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 4 votes

I posted this in wholesaling but I didn't realized this section was here...Anyone heard of or have any feedback on REI Game Changers, James Hodges program?

0Reply
303 views

Most Popular Reply

Aurora, IL · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 10 votes
3y
Quote from @Justin Buswell:
Quote from @Sharron Ferrell:

I am also considering signing up for the program.  It is a 4 month program for $8000.  They sound very knowledgeable and I am interested in jumping into the customized course they offer.


 Hi Sharron - Are you in the course?  How is it going?


 Hi Justin, I did not purchase the course. I found something that works much better for my partner and I. I joined Ryan Zolin’s Agent Investors course and I love it.

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Considering doing their course. Currently working with a mentor, and I plan to give him a chance before I jump to something else. I'm 50/50 on reiGC right now. The people I've spoken to are knowledgeable and helpful. If I didn't have to use credit for a portion of the course cost ($7k) and marketing costs ($1k/mo), I would do the course.

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    I am also considering signing up for the program.  It is a 4 month program for $8000.  They sound very knowledgeable and I am interested in jumping into the customized course they offer.

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Taylor Larson:

    Considering doing their course. Currently working with a mentor, and I plan to give him a chance before I jump to something else. I'm 50/50 on reiGC right now. The people I've spoken to are knowledgeable and helpful. If I didn't have to use credit for a portion of the course cost ($7k) and marketing costs ($1k/mo), I would do the course.


     Hey Taylor - did you do the course and if so how was it?

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sharron Ferrell:

    I am also considering signing up for the program.  It is a 4 month program for $8000.  They sound very knowledgeable and I am interested in jumping into the customized course they offer.


     Hi Sharron - Are you in the course?  How is it going?

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I am writing this review to express my profound disappointment with James' mentorship program, particularly regarding the conduct of one of his top students, Kristin Witherspoon. Despite the program's claims of providing exceptional training and support, my experience with Kristin has been far from satisfactory.

    First and foremost, I find it necessary to address the issue of non-payment. As a former employee of Kristin Witherspoon, I was subjected to repeated instances of non-payment, which is a clear violation of basic employment principles. It is disheartening to witness a mentorship program that boasts substantial financial success, with students allegedly earning substantial monthly incomes, yet fails to ensure that their own employees receive even the minimum wage they are entitled to. This lack of responsibility and fairness raises serious doubts about the integrity of the program.

    Additionally, Kristin Witherspoon has also demonstrated a concerning pattern of wrongful terminations. It is alarming to witness someone in a prominent position within James' mentorship program engage in such unethical practices. Wrongfully terminating individuals not only disrupts their lives and livelihoods but also reflects a lack of respect for their rights as employees. Such actions are wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated within any professional environment.

    The discrepancies between the program's marketing claims and the actual conduct of its top students, as exemplified by Kristin Witherspoon, are deeply troubling. While James' mentorship program promotes the success stories of students making substantial income, the reality on the ground tells a different story. This stark contrast leads me to question the legitimacy of the program and its purported benefits.

    In conclusion, my experience with James' mentorship program, particularly through the actions of Kristin Witherspoon, has left me disillusioned and skeptical. The failure to fulfill basic employment obligations, coupled with wrongful terminations, indicate a lack of integrity and professionalism within the program. I cannot, in good conscience, support a mentorship program that fails to prioritize the well-being and fair treatment of its employees. Proceed with caution when considering this program, as it may not live up to the grand promises it makes.

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Max C.:

    I am writing this review to express my profound disappointment with James' mentorship program, particularly regarding the conduct of one of his top students, Kristin Witherspoon. Despite the program's claims of providing exceptional training and support, my experience with Kristin has been far from satisfactory.

    First and foremost, I find it necessary to address the issue of non-payment. As a former employee of Kristin Witherspoon, I was subjected to repeated instances of non-payment, which is a clear violation of basic employment principles. It is disheartening to witness a mentorship program that boasts substantial financial success, with students allegedly earning substantial monthly incomes, yet fails to ensure that their own employees receive even the minimum wage they are entitled to. This lack of responsibility and fairness raises serious doubts about the integrity of the program.

    Additionally, Kristin Witherspoon has also demonstrated a concerning pattern of wrongful terminations. It is alarming to witness someone in a prominent position within James' mentorship program engage in such unethical practices. Wrongfully terminating individuals not only disrupts their lives and livelihoods but also reflects a lack of respect for their rights as employees. Such actions are wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated within any professional environment.

    The discrepancies between the program's marketing claims and the actual conduct of its top students, as exemplified by Kristin Witherspoon, are deeply troubling. While James' mentorship program promotes the success stories of students making substantial income, the reality on the ground tells a different story. This stark contrast leads me to question the legitimacy of the program and its purported benefits.

    In conclusion, my experience with James' mentorship program, particularly through the actions of Kristin Witherspoon, has left me disillusioned and skeptical. The failure to fulfill basic employment obligations, coupled with wrongful terminations, indicate a lack of integrity and professionalism within the program. I cannot, in good conscience, support a mentorship program that fails to prioritize the well-being and fair treatment of its employees. Proceed with caution when considering this program, as it may not live up to the grand promises it makes.


     Seems like a stretch to blame James for the conduct of someone who took the program.  While getting treated badly at work is a bummer I just see a lot of sour grapes in the post and I am not sure this is the forum for it.  Anyway, best of luck to you.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 10 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Justin Buswell:
    Quote from @Sharron Ferrell:

    I am also considering signing up for the program.  It is a 4 month program for $8000.  They sound very knowledgeable and I am interested in jumping into the customized course they offer.


     Hi Sharron - Are you in the course?  How is it going?


     Hi Justin, I did not purchase the course. I found something that works much better for my partner and I. I joined Ryan Zolin’s Agent Investors course and I love it.

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    Any update on if anyone has done this program?! I would love to know experience in it. 

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    3y

    I went in a different direction so no info to offer here.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lindsey Pinkham:

    Any update on if anyone has done this program?! I would love to know experience in it. 


    Hey Lindsey, did you end up in the course? If so how was it? My business partners and I are looking into it but I want to do my research.

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jordan Gibbs:
    Quote from @Lindsey Pinkham:

    Any update on if anyone has done this program?! I would love to know experience in it. 

    I did! If you are going to do direct to seller then yes, worth it! I love the coaching calls and community. But if you are wanting to go more with agent outreach then no. 

    honestly I feel like all the programs basically teach the same thing. So you just gotta find the leader you want to work with most! 


    Hey Lindsey, did you end up in the course? If so how was it? My business partners and I are looking into it but I want to do my research.


  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 2 votes
    2y

    Don't waste your money! It's not at all as they have presented it. They say it's not for beginners, however everyone in this program, a least most are beginners. They tell you that they "cherry pick" potential clients, but belive it or not they don't! They tell you tha you  will get personal coaching with the best coaches, not true, mediocre at best and you only see them in Zoom calls. When you ask a question, which you have to do in their FB group, they don't answer until 4 or 5 days later. By then your deal is over or you forgot the question. They don't refund even if they lock you out of the program. James Hodges is for sure a millionaire by taking your money & giving nothing in return. At least one of the coach's calls I did attend the, Rick Boyd, spent the whole trying to comp one property for a beginning student. Boring! The rest of the program is all videos and can't access the library. In a nutshell, don't waste your money, it's all a scam. I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore everyone. In conclusion, they have my money my partner and I we're locked out of the program.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    I didn't end up doing the course but I had a very different selling experience from Wendy. My rep was very clear with me that it is a beginner course and that they also offer a more expensive course for experienced wholesalers. I wasn't told anything about cherry picking talent. I cannot speak to the quality of the coaches but the sales staff seamed well trained. I found them polite and informative. I just couldn't justify the cost of the program right now.

  • New to Real Estate · Jackson, WY · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Max C.:

    I am writing this review to express my profound disappointment with James' mentorship program, particularly regarding the conduct of one of his top students, Kristin Witherspoon. Despite the program's claims of providing exceptional training and support, my experience with Kristin has been far from satisfactory.

    First and foremost, I find it necessary to address the issue of non-payment. As a former employee of Kristin Witherspoon, I was subjected to repeated instances of non-payment, which is a clear violation of basic employment principles. It is disheartening to witness a mentorship program that boasts substantial financial success, with students allegedly earning substantial monthly incomes, yet fails to ensure that their own employees receive even the minimum wage they are entitled to. This lack of responsibility and fairness raises serious doubts about the integrity of the program.

    Additionally, Kristin Witherspoon has also demonstrated a concerning pattern of wrongful terminations. It is alarming to witness someone in a prominent position within James' mentorship program engage in such unethical practices. Wrongfully terminating individuals not only disrupts their lives and livelihoods but also reflects a lack of respect for their rights as employees. Such actions are wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated within any professional environment.

    The discrepancies between the program's marketing claims and the actual conduct of its top students, as exemplified by Kristin Witherspoon, are deeply troubling. While James' mentorship program promotes the success stories of students making substantial income, the reality on the ground tells a different story. This stark contrast leads me to question the legitimacy of the program and its purported benefits.

    In conclusion, my experience with James' mentorship program, particularly through the actions of Kristin Witherspoon, has left me disillusioned and skeptical. The failure to fulfill basic employment obligations, coupled with wrongful terminations, indicate a lack of integrity and professionalism within the program. I cannot, in good conscience, support a mentorship program that fails to prioritize the well-being and fair treatment of its employees. Proceed with caution when considering this program, as it may not live up to the grand promises it makes.


     That sounds pretty  bad overall-  but we are all curious ( I'm thinking) : what exactly do you mean and how do you know so much about someone who work for him and how she was treated- did she tell you-??

    more details please -!

    also, did you subscribe to the course and actually dig into the content-!?

    thanks-!

  • John PetrequinPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 11 votes
    1y

    REI Game Changers is a beginner program that relies on cheap spray and pray list marketing. James and his people who manage the program are nice and give basic sales and negotiation advice but not much that moves the needle in any situation. The free marketing is not effective in a competitive market neither is the marketing strategy. The objective is to upsell to a master mind program or the artificial intelligence datasets, which also have zero response rate. They will say its just more volume but there is no differentiator. James uses the program to market his book that went from $35 down to $5 in a matter of six months.

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    After a couple years and a couple different programs I can confidently say skip them all except Vena Jones Cox's the Guru Manifesto.  That one says it all.

  • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    At this stage in the game I'd say as a general rule skip the mentorships and gurus.  Read books and maybe take on the occasional 3 day seminar.  The rest is garbage.

    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Justin Buswell:

      At this stage in the game I'd say as a general rule skip the mentorships and gurus.  Read books and maybe take on the occasional 3 day seminar.  The rest is garbage.

       @Justin Buswell did you end up trying REI GC?

    • Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Steve Aponte, Jr:
      Quote from @Justin Buswell:

      At this stage in the game I'd say as a general rule skip the mentorships and gurus.  Read books and maybe take on the occasional 3 day seminar.  The rest is garbage.

       @Justin Buswell did you end up trying REI GC?

      No, I didn't do this particular one but did a couple others.  They're all cut from the same cloth.   Aside from being able to meet a lot of people, the content is available in other sources and better formats and better done.  Google the guru manifesto by Vena Jones Cox.  That sums them all up nicely.
    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y

      @Justin Buswell cool, thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.