Mentorship program for $40k

Mentorship program for $40k

NJ · Member since 2024 · 19 posts · 19 votes

Hi im a noob. But starting and learning terminology now. Really excited. This seminar I attend offering mentorship program for 40k for 2 years. Is this good deal??

6Reply
269 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Welcome to BP! No absolutely don't pay for a mentorship program that costs that much or even $5000 or $15,000. $40k is expensive and if you have that amount saved up you could use that towards buying a property. Do you mind sharing the name of the program? Or DM me if you don't want to post it publicly. 

If you go to the Forum "Gurus, Books and Course Reviews" you can read all the comments about different programs.  I've talked to long time investors that helped me out a lot. There are several of them that post often on BP (that aren't trying to sell you anything) and people would be smart to read their advice vs. paying a coach/guru. I've also found YouTube videos and podcasts helpful. 

I recommend going to local real estate meet up groups and networking with other investors. They can share their experiences investing locally or out of state and you can ask them questions directly. All for free. 

See this reply in the discussion

65 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • NJ · Member since 2024 · 19 posts · 19 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Becca F.:

    Welcome to BP! No absolutely don't pay for a mentorship program that costs that much or even $5000 or $15,000. $40k is expensive and if you have that amount saved up you could use that towards buying a property. Do you mind sharing the name of the program? Or DM me if you don't want to post it publicly. 

    If you go to the Forum "Gurus, Books and Course Reviews" you can read all the comments about different programs.  I've talked to long time investors that helped me out a lot. There are several of them that post often on BP (that aren't trying to sell you anything) and people would be smart to read their advice vs. paying a coach/guru. I've also found YouTube videos and podcasts helpful. 

    I recommend going to local real estate meet up groups and networking with other investors. They can share their experiences investing locally or out of state and you can ask them questions directly. All for free. 

    it was David Lindahl about Multi Family units 
  • Investor · Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2014 · 434 posts · 185 votes
    2y

    Don’t do it.  You can learn almost everything for free or by doing a deal. 

    Lend me the money and I’ll show you how a deal works. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.