• Rental Property Investor
  • Yardley, PA
Votes |
4 Common Wholesaling Myths DEBUNKED

Stephen Chatto
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yardley, PA
Posted Mar 10 2015, 19:25

Real Estate Myths. I am glad my Mentor @Karl Krentzel is willing to tell me the truth so I can get deals DONE.  Her are a few myths he helped me DEBUNK

1) Myth #1 Realtors mess up deals and are a waste of time.

False - Karl has always encouraged me to work with Realtors. I am working with one now on a deal and she has been great. She found my ad on craigslist, called me up, listened to what I have to say and brought me a buyer. Now that She's involved she is keeping everything moving forward quickly and efficiently.

Extra Credit Question: Who do you think was using a higher ARV. The Buyer with the Realtor who gets to list the house after rehab or the average fix and flip investor?

2) Myth #2 - MAO = ARV *0.65 - Repairs . What a joke. I love this formula because it helps me be competitive in my market. My competition used that formula on this deal and his offer price was 50k less than mine. Plus to top it off. ARV and Repairs is completely made up. Your taking two numbers that are completely arbitrary and up to massive interpretation and then popping them in a formula to determine your offer price. COME ON. At the end of the day you need to know your market to learn where the prices should be.

3) Myth #3 - State contracts are stupid. Wow, I have learned the hard way that things run so much smother if on a state contract. As a wholesaler you are selling CONTRACT not houses. So it is fair to say that a better contract is worth more. We determined above that realtors can bring buyers. Strong buyers in fact. Do you think it is easier to sell that buyer with a Realtor a State Contract or a 2 Pager? Use a state contract and your buyer pool opens up tremendously.

4) Myth #4 - You need to know how much the repairs are, and the ARV so you can advertise your deal. What a joke. You think buyers agree with your repair cost estimates and ARV? Why waste your time. When advertising this deal I didn't include either. Here is the property. Here is What I know, Here is my Asking price. Don't think for your buyer.

I can think of multiple examples in my business when these 4 myths have been debunked. It feels good to know the truth

Hope some of you can benefit from this insight.

Loading replies...