Cris Chico postcard system tryout !

Cris Chico postcard system tryout !

Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes

I wanted to post here what the results will be for someone that wants to buy Cris Chico's course. Today I sent out 3524 Seller postcards and 500 Buyer postcards from Cris Chico's system. As a background of myself, I'm a licensed flooring contractor (13years) with a small crew of 3 full time workers. I also just got my RE license(7 months) and have sold 2 properties thus far. I have zero experience in wholesaling and not many contacts for cash buyers if any that i can count on. 

I have to say that the course was pretty easy to follow along and to implement. I spent around $2150 to mail about 4000 cards including the cost of the course ($97 i got the cheap version not the $497). From being in business long enough I don't find $2K a lot of money to invest but I don't want to loose it either !!! I should be getting calls soon within a couple of days or so and we'll see how it goes.  I will post again the results as time goes on. 

Feel free to comment away ...  

1Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 8 votes
11y

Would love to hear an update!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 313 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Good luck with this.  I am now following this thread to see how you do.  I'm too chicken to start my own mailing campaign... so far.

    From what I have read, doing a single mailing doesn't usually yield returns.  You need to have a mailing campaign of 4-7 mailings to the same group, not just one shot and see what happens.

    You might want to bank on $2150 x 5 or 6 mailings.

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Tim Lindstrom:

    Good luck with this.  I am now following this thread to see how you do.  I'm too chicken to start my own mailing campaign... so far.

    From what I have read, doing a single mailing doesn't usually yield returns.  You need to have a mailing campaign of 4-7 mailings to the same group, not just one shot and see what happens.

    You might want to bank on $2150 x 5 or 6 mailings.

     Yeah, i know that one time mailing won't give me the results i'm looking for. I will mail more maybe 3 more times to the same group (once a month or so for another 3 months and I'll update the list as I go). At this point I'm looking to see the results of this first batch. find out soon...

  • Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 120 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    looking forward to seeing results.

    3500 postcards is a good amount.

  • Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    i would suggest $200/month or whatevr your budget allows. Consistency i think will be advantage you.

    Kel

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    UPDATE !

    I guess the postcards hit today and I received so far 38 calls ( some no message but I'll call them back too). I don't know if any will turn to a deal, but we'll see. I hope I get more calls!! I'll update again soon. 

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Another update!

    So, I got another 37 calls today that left messages. (one buyer). 

  • Wholesaler · Plantation, FL · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    @Mario Boemer

     Great work Mario keeping my eye on this thread!  are your callers going straight to voice mail?  Or are you taking the calls live?

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Carlos Coppin Jr:

    @Mario Boemer

     Great work Mario keeping my eye on this thread!  are your callers going straight to voice mail?  Or are you taking the calls live?

     I send them to voice mail. Then I call them back to talk to them. Except the Buyers calls that i take the call live. ( only had 3 buyers so far from 500 postcards, I thought I would have more !!! )

    Another UPDATE !  

    I just got some more calls sat. and today(sunday). I just checked my voicemail now and in total I have 106 messages ( some messages are that they hung up and didn't say anything but I call them back anyways since I can see they had an interest ). But I believe I received more actual calls than that, but they hung up before the voicemail answers. 

    The big question is will any of this turn into a deal and pay for the cost of marketing??

  • Wholesaler · Plantation, FL · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    that's awesome @Mario Boemer sounds like your on your way my man!!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Looking forward to another update as I'm following this thread now as well.  I've done Yellow Letters but not Post Cards yet.  Nice to know there is a decent response from the mailing however.  Might have to take part.  Thanks for the blog. :)

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y
  • Baltimore , MD · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thats a great response! Keep us posted!

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2012 · 410 posts · 337 votes
    11y

    I am curious... did Chris Chico's System tell you what to SAY when you talk to them on the phone, or face to face??

    Did they include any scripts, or sales skills materials? Or just postcards?

  • Wholesaler · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2014 · 202 posts · 66 votes
    11y
    Mario Boemer any updates?
  • Real Estate Investor · Kissimmee, FL · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Mario Boemer How is the system working?

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Would love to hear an update!

  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2011 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    It's OBVIOUS "he gave up", NEVER GOT a single deal.  "Oh well" :-(

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Mario Boemer How is it going with this.  I would really like to here a any update, good or bad, even if you gave it up.

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    RESULTS / UPDATE !

    Here it is:

    I received total 193 calls ( not everyone left messages ), but I made contact (probably 90%) with most of the calls I received and I spoke to them over the phone and meet quite a few of them in person to look at their properties. 

    I had a lot of people interested in selling LAND/LOTS which was included in my marketing from the beginning. 

    I have to say that most homeowners wanted more for their property than what I could offer them. A few (4 or 5) owners left me "angry" messages to never contact them again, so that's what I did ! 

    I was receiving calls even 45 days after the mail date.

    In total I had 6 buyer willing to buy houses cash. But I ended up working with only one for both deals I got. 

    When it was all set and done, I was able to successfully assign 2 contracts that yield me $4200 in total for both and I got one listing ( I'm a licensed Realtor ) that just went under contract last week ( If in fact it closes in a month it will be a $4300 commission ). 

    CONCLUSION !

    I would recommend someone to give the system a try. It worked on my FL market ! BUT, since I have a contractor business and a Realtor business and I was adding RE Investing, I was overwhelmed with all of the phone calls received so fast and I wasn't able to get to them all in a timely fashion. So keep that in mind when you plan for your marketing. And when you do call them back I would advise you to have a basic research done on the property you are calling about before you actually talk to them because they are under the impression that you know everything about their property. 

    As far as the deals I got, One was Land that I made 1,200 and a house I made 3,000. And a listing that sold for 229K ( my comm. is 4300 after paying all broker dues ). Could I have made more ? I don't know, maybe. But I just wanted to get it done so that's the number that did get it done on those deals. Maybe my inexperience played a role in these numbers, and I was scared to make offers over the phone without looking at homes first. 

    Will I do it again? Maybe !  A big factor will be the time. It does work and there are other ways I could have handled some situations with buyers over the phone that could probably given me another deal or two but that only comes with experience. So the only way to find out is to try it yourself in your market !

    Well hope that helps...

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Mario Boemer , thanks Mario.  I've been considering this process to find more buy and hold properties along with quick cash for even more.  Did you purchase the full course?

  • Gainesville, GA · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I purchased Chris' program a few months ago and Im ready to start again. Anyone who's used his program and was successful willing to mentor?

  • Wholesaler · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    I did a single mailing of just 20 yellow letters.  I received probably about 13 call backs... give or take 1 or 2, which led to 7 wholesale contracts.  Of those 7 contracts, 2 of those investors would like to add their inventory of 18 (between the 2).  1 has already started committing to me on paper and we are in negotiations for 5 additional properties.  The other investor wants to see how the first one goes, but has presented 1 additional property.  

    In my hunt for cash buyers, I met a local property owner who has 30 properties he would like to sell me.  My assistants have started working on the offers.  I've been thinking about purchasing the Cris Chico System to advance the business to virtual wholesaling.  I am in an extreme shortage of buyers, that's my dilemma.   Having all these deals does me no good if I can't sell them.  Syracuse NY Investment Property is for sale!!!

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    What kind of list was it?
  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    So he used to sell this system for $497 and now is selling them for $1497???  

    @Marc Webster Yeh interested in what kind of list did you use to get such amazing results?  Also did you purchase Cris course for this campaign?

  • Wholesaler · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    I did a recently sold, (last 12 months) list using Zillow.  I chose a zip code I was familiar with and contacted those owners.  I just had the stamps from a single book, so I was selective. The idea was, if they didn't live there I would contact them and figured they got into real estate to make a profit. It just worked. They already rehabbed the properties too. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.