I hoping to communicate with those of you who have had first hand experience with Fortune Builders Mastery Program. I know there are people who have had tremendous success. These individuals are virtual spokespeople for the company. I also know there are others who have had no success. Too often these people look to bash and blame the company. I'm hoping to get to that middle ground person who can objectively discuss the program.
Wholesaler · New York City , NY · Member since 2009 · 15 posts · 7 votes
10y
Don't buy it. Use the money to buy a cheap house that makes sense to you. I bought into the course and yes, it has a lot of good education, but that's not what you need. Experience is the best teacher. You need to take risks and commit and take chances and go through the boot camp. A lot of it is a waste of time. Spend your time on a real project. When you run into a problem, write down questions, write down answers and just keep going. Do a search when you run into a problem. Best is to join a real estate investors group and talk to people who are actually doing something. Talk to me. After I stopped using their course is when things began to happen for me. You've got to go through the boot camp. Boot camp is the first couple projects you do by yourself. You be in charge and make decisions and take the punches and keep on going.
Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 322 posts · 238 votes
11y
Man all I know is the 20 thousand my wife could have spent on "entry" that we passed on was the BEST decision! You could just stay on this site do what the rest of us do and learn by getting your hands dirty and just get started. You Do Not need the FB univ. You NEED to be right here on this site gaining all of the free knowledge you would ever dream of. I found a used FB package on ebay for $500 used with all this decent info. It was ok but man I have to say the real contracts are all here on this site in the fileplace-and sooo much more!
Do what you want, but they are there to sell you! They make money on the sale when you or I buy into their hype! That is all it is. I bet they said "Are you ready to have an unfair advantage in your market?". Let me tell you the people here are the real rock stars of real estate.🎸 The FB salespeople are there to do just that-sell you. Just do it yourself. Once you team up with people here you will be laughing at the idea you even considered paying into this-get back to me in a year either way. I want to hear if I am right or wrong.(I am right)Lol!
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
11y
Agreed with Stephen...high-priced coaching is NOT necessary in the single-family world.
Find a local investor to mentor you, find a local paid coach or find a non-local coach who charges reasonable fees (and offers a "pay as you go" option) -- this will greatly reduce your risk and also greatly increase your chances for success.
Investor · North Hollywood, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
11y
i just attended a FB 3 day seminar this weekend. I'm def a new by when it comes to investing. I've been a property manager for almost a decade, as well as a carpenter helping people renovate their homes, as that is my family's business. So I have been indirectly involved in RE for some time now.
I must admit I was sold on FB mastery program, and ready to come up with the 25k-35k to join... But my momma didn't raise no fool. So I'm doing the research right now to try and get some feedback from anyone who has done the program.
I saw their sales tactics coming a mile away. So even though I bought into the dream, I wasn't completely sold on the benefits of the program.
I now know that I need to join my local REIA or club to further network and perhaps find a mentor or two (hopefully for free!!) To further advise me in my new venture.
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
11y
Anthony - I admire you doing your due diligence prior to spending a large sum of money. You'll find the good and bad in everything you do in life. I am a FB Mastery student and signed up about 8 months ago. I had to make the decision that I was going to remain a skeptic, find every reason not to pay the $$ or dive right in and invest in my future. The program is worth every bit of the $$ and more, as long as you are ready and willing to give it everything you've got day in and day out. Nobody gets rich over night and they'll remind you of that in Fortune Builders. It's non stop education that you can't learn from YouTube videos and the mentors are actually there to help you (volunteers, not getting paid). If you can succeed on your own, that's even better but the program is there to accelerate your education within investing and much more.
I'd like to add that Stephen's response came off as a sales pitch on this website. Critics will always be, you have to make the decision from your gut. Best of luck with your future endeavors!
Wholesaler · New York City , NY · Member since 2009 · 15 posts · 7 votes
10y
Don't buy it. Use the money to buy a cheap house that makes sense to you. I bought into the course and yes, it has a lot of good education, but that's not what you need. Experience is the best teacher. You need to take risks and commit and take chances and go through the boot camp. A lot of it is a waste of time. Spend your time on a real project. When you run into a problem, write down questions, write down answers and just keep going. Do a search when you run into a problem. Best is to join a real estate investors group and talk to people who are actually doing something. Talk to me. After I stopped using their course is when things began to happen for me. You've got to go through the boot camp. Boot camp is the first couple projects you do by yourself. You be in charge and make decisions and take the punches and keep on going.
Real Estate Agent · Covington, KY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
9y
Thank you Eric for that answer. It is just want I needed to hear. I just attended the FB 3 day seminar. I decided to not pay 30K - 50K and go at it on my own, and not rely on anyone else. Not saying FB not good for some, but I learn by doing. I believe if I cannot do it on my own then they are not going to get me to do it either. Take that 30K and buy one or two inexpensive fixers and learn from that. Or start wholesaling and build from there.
Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 6 votes
9y
I'm in the middle of attending the 3-day seminar. The sales pitch is hard to ignore, and admittedly there's be some good morsels of information delivered in the first day. I'm going thru the 'boot camp' mentioned previously, one flip on the market, another two weeks away from being on the market. There's been ups and downs and I'm loving (almost) every minute of it. I can appreciate that FB has a ton of great info and support. But there's nothing like just getting out there and doing it.
Victor