Than Merrill's Real Estate Seminar

Than Merrill's Real Estate Seminar

Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 11 votes

I'm going to my first seminar on the 15th of this month hosted my Than Merrill in Tampa. I've read some posts about him and some have said that he will try primarily to sell his Guru class which I'm not interested in. I just want to go and see what it's like at one of these events while also trying to narrow my field of vision on where I want to get started. I want to know if any members have had any recent experience with his seminars.

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
10y
I signed up for Than's seminar and got a refund right after. Guys at the "Free" events don't take you serious until you pay them then they talk. Got a few buyers then got a refund online. If your looking to step up your life and game in general. Check Biggerpockets for Gobundance and the M1. They have been hosted on BP podcasts etc. excellent program changed my life.
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    I signed up for Than's seminar and got a refund right after. Guys at the "Free" events don't take you serious until you pay them then they talk. Got a few buyers then got a refund online. If your looking to step up your life and game in general. Check Biggerpockets for Gobundance and the M1. They have been hosted on BP podcasts etc. excellent program changed my life.
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    10y

    I went last month to a free Than Merrill workshop and sign up for a 3 day FortuneBuilders Real Estate Insiders Workshop for around $200.

    The workshop was amazing and i was very happy to invest 3 day and the $200 :-) Yes they try to sell their Mastery Program from $10K to 50K and promote their system around 20% of the time in the workshop. But the 80% of the workshop covered everything you need to know to get started without the usual big mistakes! so well worth $200...  I didn't sign up for the Mastery Program because I don't have the time to commit myself for now. two weeks after the workshop I spoke with two persons that I meet there and they both sign up and we're very happy about it. 

    All the information they teach is free on BP but if you're lazy or don't have the time to find everything by yourself out FB really do a great job. I took the knowledge from the 3 day workshop and use BP for now. But i'm still thinking to sign up for 10K at FB with my cousin so we each pay only 5k and get started. Why ? because I have existing business and not the time to do everything by my own and get 3-6 month consulting support and their Resources and Documents. On our first deals we probably learn from mistakes but if they help me to do a little bit less mistakes and help me get the finances it's well worth spending the 5K for me.    

  • Hearne, TX · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 20 votes
    10y
    I went through the program spent the money. Still no big profit. No first deal. Bought rentals with their advice. Got in with their affiliates bad move. PM me and I will tell you about it.
  • Forest Hills, NY · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I might do the 200 seminar myself

  • Investor · South Dartmouth, MA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I bought all their course books and cds on ebay years ago( rehabbers reference manual, marketing for deals, wholesale reference manual)...think I paid around $75 per course.  Well worth the money if you want to learn at your own speed...I still refer to them today to freshen up at times

  • Hearne, TX · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 20 votes
    10y

     After posting this I spoke to the company and they were very helpful and helped me resolve my issue with one of their affiliates very quickly. I look forward to continuing to learn from them.

  • Forest Hills, NY · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I signed up today & I have an extra ticket for sep 16/18 

    the instructor was a Mike Pugliese who had a firm called Mike & Mike investments I googled him and nothing came up

  • Linden, NJ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    i just signed up for the course yesterday in NJ Oct 7-9. Hope I get something out of it

  • Hemet, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    My husband and I went to 3 day seminar this past weekend in So.Cal. We paid $198 for it. They had lots of great information and realized we had made a few mistakes with our real estate investments. We knew they were going to sell us on other packages and we thought we wouldn't buy into it but in the end they got us. We signed up for the top mastery program of 50k. They swiped our cards and we felt sick. We cancelled the next day and did and exit interview a day later.  I can sleep now. 

    Did a google search and found BP.  So glad I did! I've learned so much already and looking forward to moving forward with our real estate investments.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Has anyone who took the 3 day course been successful? How does the system work for you?

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I had signed up for the "free" seminar in MA, but had to cancel due to family obligations. From the time i signed up, I was researching these seminars, and what people who have gone were saying online about them. A common theme through -out was these "mastery" classes and how they try to promote and get people to buy in. My issue with that, is typically the people attending the free seminar are from all walks of life, but are looking to either try to supplement income, or change what they are doing. Alot of them are not making substantial amount of money/income, like myself. Im sure there are some that are already flipping or renting property, but personaly speaking those mastery classes are just too high priced. That said, i believe there are techniques and valubale information that you learn in the class, but running up a credit card as well as investing in high priced realestate (at least in MA) that is doesnt make sense to me. Just my opinion. I went to bigger pockets and im learning alot from them.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Wow! I wish I found this site sooner. I attended the free seminar today. Got swindled into the 3 day class. Didn't want to do it... Got locked in literally are the end of session with intense push for joining. Hoping to cancel tomorrow. Great psychology in the workshop though. I did excited about what "could be"

    I will research BP now. I am interested in a few rental properties and a great deal on my own home. That's it. Pretty simple.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.