Been Offered Financing by Than Merrill's associates - is there a catch?

Been Offered Financing by Than Merrill's associates - is there a catch?

Rehabber · Rexburg, ID · Member since 2012 · 1 post · 0 votes

I recently attended a seminar by Fortune Builders, was persuaded to go to their three day summit for $200, and left after the second day because I didn't like the way they tried to make you feel privileged if you got 'selected' to do their mastery program for $35K. Someone from his office just called me and said that they were doing a big push at getting more seasoned investors out there, because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would be releasing a lot of homes on the market and that could be hurtful, so they wanted to help fund investors, to get these houses bought up fast. I had been recommended as someone they should fund. He didn't know why my name was selected, that maybe I had talked to someone on the side, during the summit, who had a good feeling about me. He didn't tell me much about the details of loaning me the money, just to call him after I'd talked to my husband, if I was interested. I had talked to several people extensively, during the summit, including the presenter. But, lots of other people had private interviews, if they were interested in the mastery program. My question is, has anyone had any actual experience working with them? I really am worried about there being some 'catch' besides interest payments.

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
13y

Sounds like a scam and something they are exclusively offering to "all" attendees.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    13y

    Sounds like a scam and something they are exclusively offering to "all" attendees.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    13y

    Greasy and slimy, run the other way. $35K for their brilliant insights?? Audacity, meet gullibility.

  • Winston, GA · Member since 2011 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    I would think you could get a decent rehab property for 35K. IMO run the other way...fast.

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
    13y

    You know what your gut is telling you. Your gut feeling is correct.

  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    13y

    Natalie, From your eloquent description of these events, I think you habe the decerning eye that I need for my business. I would love to offer you the bargain price fee of $30,000 to work with me. Don't have it upfront? No problem, simply send me a check for $1,000 monthly for the next 30 months. That is right NO interest, you just can't beat it!!!

    Sorry I could help myself. If I were you I would much rather put that $30,000 into a real estate deal. You are sure to learn a massive amount and I would say with preplanning and upfront due diligence you will be able to at least get that $30,000 back when you sell. That will teach you a great deal compared to a class. Good luck ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.