Has anyone done Jerry Norton's Fast Track Program?

Has anyone done Jerry Norton's Fast Track Program?

Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles CA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 12 votes

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask if anyone has participated in Jerry Norton's Fast Track Program. I applied just to see what would happen and got called back for two phone interviews about it and just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this and if it is a legit program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plm_4Wizkw

Thanks!

- Gerald 

2Reply
419 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 103 votes
3y

Hi, I thought I'd chime in here.  I have not done any of Jerry's programs, but I do watch his youtube videos which you can learn a lot just from watching those.

I must say I disagree with this statement, and perhaps I just don't understand:

"...their companies "Proof of Funds" which I now know is not a valid/legal contract unless it was written and signed off by an attorney. An individual cannot write a contract without a license to practice law!!!..."

Hogwash, individuals write contracts all the time. Real estate agents as well. These are not attorneys. There is nothing wrong with writing a legally binding contract to sell or purchase a piece of real estate using a contract written at the kitchen table. Further, you can act on your own behalf or on behalf of an LLC and use that LLC's proof of funds (providing you are the owner or authorized to do so). I have personally made HUNDREDS of offers on properties over the years and only used attorneys when required for closing or for litigation. I've used LOI (Letter of intent), I've used home drafted word documents, I've used CAR (California Association of Realtor) offer forms etc. Any one of those can work to get you into escrow or "under contract" so you can then get the closing attorney/escrow/title or what have you (depending on jurisdiction) involved. That said, if this is a particularly complex deal, get an attorney to review if you like, but don't assume you can't be a real estate investor without an attorney drafting every purchase contract.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lucianna Winger:
    Quote from @Kathryn Morea:

    Hi, I thought I'd chime in here.  I have not done any of Jerry's programs, but I do watch his youtube videos which you can learn a lot just from watching those.

    I must say I disagree with this statement, and perhaps I just don't understand:

    "...their companies "Proof of Funds" which I now know is not a valid/legal contract unless it was written and signed off by an attorney. An individual cannot write a contract without a license to practice law!!!..."

    Hogwash, individuals write contracts all the time. Real estate agents as well. These are not attorneys. There is nothing wrong with writing a legally binding contract to sell or purchase a piece of real estate using a contract written at the kitchen table. Further, you can act on your own behalf or on behalf of an LLC and use that LLC's proof of funds (providing you are the owner or authorized to do so). I have personally made HUNDREDS of offers on properties over the years and only used attorneys when required for closing or for litigation. I've used LOI (Letter of intent), I've used home drafted word documents, I've used CAR (California Association of Realtor) offer forms etc. Any one of those can work to get you into escrow or "under contract" so you can then get the closing attorney/escrow/title or what have you (depending on jurisdiction) involved. That said, if this is a particularly complex deal, get an attorney to review if you like, but don't assume you can't be a real estate investor without an attorney drafting every purchase contract.


     Maybe you haven't gotten in trouble yet because you've been able to perform on the contract with  little to no pushback, just lucky up until now. I am taking Champions real estate agent license course for Texas and explicitly states that only someone with a license to practice law can write contracts. It's a fact not an opinion. Go ahead and do whatever you want, but these are the rules I have learned in the state of Texas. I'm not talking about filling in the spaces in contracts, I'm talking about writing what is legal in a contract vs. what is not, which only someone licensed to practice law would know as a fact & have precedence over creating the structure of such contract. I am not talking about verbal offers either, I'm talking about the "Four corners rule" with ink to paper (or via the internet/Docusign) I'm not going to waste my time telling every little detail of the law of contracts here in the state of Texas & Federal law, you can get into class for a real estate license in your states you practice in and learn yourself.

    Also you watch FREE VIDEOS that has nothing to say about actually paying to be in the fast track PROGRAM. which is basically no different than what is offered for free and that is just ridiculously manipulative. We don't know really what we are getting into until we really see how everything works, wait for the first zoom meeting etc... Then you find out it's not what you were looking for at all.

    if you don't agree, go ahead and join. You'll know for yourself.

    I would request a refund from the class you are taking as they have misled you or you misinterpreted what they said.  An attorney is not needed for any part of a contract creation, execution, enforcement, etc.  
  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lucianna Winger:
    Quote from @Kathryn Morea:

    Hi, I thought I'd chime in here.  I have not done any of Jerry's programs, but I do watch his youtube videos which you can learn a lot just from watching those.

    I must say I disagree with this statement, and perhaps I just don't understand:

    "...their companies "Proof of Funds" which I now know is not a valid/legal contract unless it was written and signed off by an attorney. An individual cannot write a contract without a license to practice law!!!..."

    Hogwash, individuals write contracts all the time. Real estate agents as well. These are not attorneys. There is nothing wrong with writing a legally binding contract to sell or purchase a piece of real estate using a contract written at the kitchen table. Further, you can act on your own behalf or on behalf of an LLC and use that LLC's proof of funds (providing you are the owner or authorized to do so). I have personally made HUNDREDS of offers on properties over the years and only used attorneys when required for closing or for litigation. I've used LOI (Letter of intent), I've used home drafted word documents, I've used CAR (California Association of Realtor) offer forms etc. Any one of those can work to get you into escrow or "under contract" so you can then get the closing attorney/escrow/title or what have you (depending on jurisdiction) involved. That said, if this is a particularly complex deal, get an attorney to review if you like, but don't assume you can't be a real estate investor without an attorney drafting every purchase contract.


     Maybe you haven't gotten in trouble yet because you've been able to perform on the contract with  little to no pushback, just lucky up until now. I am taking Champions real estate agent license course for Texas and explicitly states that only someone with a license to practice law can write contracts. It's a fact not an opinion. Go ahead and do whatever you want, but these are the rules I have learned in the state of Texas. I'm not talking about filling in the spaces in contracts, I'm talking about writing what is legal in a contract vs. what is not, which only someone licensed to practice law would know as a fact & have precedence over creating the structure of such contract. I am not talking about verbal offers either, I'm talking about the "Four corners rule" with ink to paper (or via the internet/Docusign) I'm not going to waste my time telling every little detail of the law of contracts here in the state of Texas & Federal law, you can get into class for a real estate license in your states you practice in and learn yourself.

    Also you watch FREE VIDEOS that has nothing to say about actually paying to be in the fast track PROGRAM. which is basically no different than what is offered for free and that is just ridiculously manipulative. We don't know really what we are getting into until we really see how everything works, wait for the first zoom meeting etc... Then you find out it's not what you were looking for at all.

    if you don't agree, go ahead and join. You'll know for yourself.


     Just curious, did you ever go back and ask the folks at Champions, from whom you got this [mis]information, whether your interpretation was accurate?

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    2y

    I’ve been speaking with a rep called John regarding Jerry Norton‘s fast track. It is meant to ship it does sound worth it with all the training, software, and websites they give you yes it’s a lot of work which I don’t think I could commit to working a full-time job. The entry fee I was quoted at 14,000. Let me say it again 14,000. I think it’s a bit steep too steep for an entry fee and almost unaffordable for most people including myself. What a shame.   - DPR

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.