Hi guys,
I've been seeing a lot of Cody Sperber's "Want Free Houses?" ads. When you follow the link, he has this 1-hour long video explaining his backstory, the success stories, and offers a one-time investment for his "Free House Formula". To me, this sounds like another guru attempting to sell his services. Granted, this one seems like one of the cheapest at $97 for a one-time investment - but I was wondering if anyone has used this "Formula" and can vouch for its legitimacy.
Hey Christian it's Sperber...the Free House Formula is a creative financing course ($97 one time investment) that is by far some of the best training I have ever put together. It covers subject 2, exact wraps (sometimes called mirror wraps), wrap around mortgages, seller carry backs, lease options, owning and managing rentals, and all inclusive contract for deeds. The training has 6 modules of step-by-step video training, all the forms and contracts you will ever need...and I had my attorney record himself showing you how to fill everything out. Plus the lead generation section is top notch.
I show you how to acquire using creative financing then sell using creative financing...in many instances you end up with no cash out of pocket (once the whole transaction in done) and a house that pays you cashflow and builds wealth (hence the FREE House Hook!)
There will be people (like Michael Carbonare here) that immediately talks smack about any guru. I get it. There are a lot of bozo's online pitching lame products. And nowadays you can get everything online for free in some form or another...but even the free stuff has a price! Never forget that as you navigate this business. Time is your most valuable asset and if you have to spend 100 hours trying to piece everything together then it actually costed you WAAAAYYYYY more than simply investing into a $97 course that has everything organized for you. AND I CAN GUARANTEE THE CONTRACTS ALONE IN MY COURSE ARE WORTH OVER $5000.
Listen...I have been in this business for over 16 years. Educating for over 12. I've seen the many come and go and have fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) created most of the so called "gurus" you see today. I'm not here to pitch my stuff...in fact...I'll tell you straight up DON'T BUY IT. Call Michael here every time you have a question...I'm sure he knows a ton about making 10's of millions and is more than happy to answer all your questions for free and take you to the promise land.
I'm just over here running a development company (Green Elephant Development), a wholesaling company (Sell Quick For Cash), an education Company (Clever Investor), another education company (100 Million Academy), 2 high level masterminds (Avengers for REI Investors and 100 Million Mastermind Experience for entrepreneurs), and a supplement company (Osnap).
I think Bigger Pockets is freaking awesome. Great place to learn, network, and the tools are amazing. I get a lot of flack on here because "I'm a guru" but I'm still here all these years later because I care deeply about my students...their results...and the quality of anything I am associated with. Best of luck on your journey and I hope this response helps in some way or another.
Sperber out.
I know nothing about this guy or his get-rich-quick scheme. But the moment the ad screams "Free houses", that's a red flag to get out of Dodge. And the $97 teaser fee is the beginning of an upsell funnel that you will never be able to quit, leading to his likely $30K get-richer-quicker scheme. Caveat emptor.
Hey Christian it's Sperber...the Free House Formula is a creative financing course ($97 one time investment) that is by far some of the best training I have ever put together. It covers subject 2, exact wraps (sometimes called mirror wraps), wrap around mortgages, seller carry backs, lease options, owning and managing rentals, and all inclusive contract for deeds. The training has 6 modules of step-by-step video training, all the forms and contracts you will ever need...and I had my attorney record himself showing you how to fill everything out. Plus the lead generation section is top notch.
I show you how to acquire using creative financing then sell using creative financing...in many instances you end up with no cash out of pocket (once the whole transaction in done) and a house that pays you cashflow and builds wealth (hence the FREE House Hook!)
There will be people (like Michael Carbonare here) that immediately talks smack about any guru. I get it. There are a lot of bozo's online pitching lame products. And nowadays you can get everything online for free in some form or another...but even the free stuff has a price! Never forget that as you navigate this business. Time is your most valuable asset and if you have to spend 100 hours trying to piece everything together then it actually costed you WAAAAYYYYY more than simply investing into a $97 course that has everything organized for you. AND I CAN GUARANTEE THE CONTRACTS ALONE IN MY COURSE ARE WORTH OVER $5000.
Listen...I have been in this business for over 16 years. Educating for over 12. I've seen the many come and go and have fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) created most of the so called "gurus" you see today. I'm not here to pitch my stuff...in fact...I'll tell you straight up DON'T BUY IT. Call Michael here every time you have a question...I'm sure he knows a ton about making 10's of millions and is more than happy to answer all your questions for free and take you to the promise land.
I'm just over here running a development company (Green Elephant Development), a wholesaling company (Sell Quick For Cash), an education Company (Clever Investor), another education company (100 Million Academy), 2 high level masterminds (Avengers for REI Investors and 100 Million Mastermind Experience for entrepreneurs), and a supplement company (Osnap).
I think Bigger Pockets is freaking awesome. Great place to learn, network, and the tools are amazing. I get a lot of flack on here because "I'm a guru" but I'm still here all these years later because I care deeply about my students...their results...and the quality of anything I am associated with. Best of luck on your journey and I hope this response helps in some way or another.
Sperber out.
So, like the original poster stated, is this a course worth investing in. Is it actually legit? I have been seeing these ads also, I have listened to the video and noticed it's $97 (one time and $97 a month) - I have the feeling it's an upsell. I hate when a program promises everything. I have been burned before on Guru - Jerry Norton who promises the world but when you bite, the program only works if you buy the most expensive upsell and everything that you originally bought was just fluff material. I would like to get honest reviews from people who have fallen on the sword before me.
I also hate programs that have a to good to be true explainer, but the next page after you buy is an upsell promising the same features, that you thought you original bought, only to figure out, they did not tell you the entire truth.
I have not bought this program, Just checking it out. You are welcome to DM me if you don't want the Guru to find out. Just looking for honest frank answers from people other than the Guru.
I have noticed some of the techniques in the answer above, called Flip the Script. Let's do some flipping ourselves and get some honest reviews without the author attacking us or trying to defend himself. What's really going on behind the scenes? What is the word of mouth from actual people.
Since I'm always telling people to get as much education as possible I put my money where my mouth is. OK @Cody Sperber let's see how this goes. I just plunked down $97.00. No, I didn't opt in for the extra 97/month for the special access to your insiders group. My first comment, after spending the $97.00 you immediately tried to upsell me 5 times before giving me access. That's a typical guru strategy. And no, guru is not a good thing to be called. Let's see how this goes. And I'm hoping you aren't goin got pull the training videos or access to the users area after 30 days.
@Jim Kalish, how are things going so far?
Just thought I'd jump in and let you know what I think so far. I bought the program for 97.00. THe first thing I did was download the docs that were made available. Its a really good selection. I'm sure I'll get use out of them. Now I probably could have found what I needed on my own. But this saved a lot of time.
Now for the course. First of all there is a LOT of content. There are about a dozen modules or bonus material. I'm just finishing up the first module. I think there is about 3 hours of content in this module alone. I have to say Cody is a really good speaker and presenter. And he doesn't hold anything back. He gives the entire story with all details, or at least with what he has presented so far. I've already learned a lot. And I've been doing this for several years. I've blocked out 2 hours a day on my calendar to stay on track. So from where I'm sitting right now the 97.00 is money well spent. I'll share if change my mind.
@Jim Kalish - Thanks for keeping us informed. What I ponder is that if it's just a mini-course to that will just get you enough information to pay for a larger detailed course. The reason I wonder about it is that the free house formula is not listed on his website.
I noticed a lot of his content is silly role-playing... only seen clips from youtube, not sure if that distracts from the topic or not.
After hearing things like, this package contains everything you need... for only X amount.. then having to go thru 5 One Time Offers, I feel like I have been lied to... I don't trust any products that contain One Time Offers anymore.
I am thinking about it just for the explainer videos.... I rather go in knowing I will get screwed as long as I can actually get some value out of the material, even if the promises are fake or not exactly implied.
Thanks.
IMO the 97.00 package I bought is very thorough and detailed. The only time an add on was suggested was for a software package called deal automator. It's claimed to be a one stop tool to generate cold call and mailing lists, accesses all the data needed to analyze deals and I think even tracks all of your marketing. But that's just 1 part of one module. And the training also suggests ways to get this same info from other sites not related to Clever investor. The training comes with all the contracts for all of the purchase types likes subject to and wraps. And each contract has a module lead by his attorney on how to fill it out. Now you may be able to get all of these for free on BP if you're PRO but you'd have to check. As far as I'm concerned the training is complete and doesn't require paying for other courses to "fill in the gaps", which is what I was concerned about as well. Now if you do get it someone will call you offering to be your mentor. But if that's something you don't want the guy who contacted me didn't push so you can just say no thanks. Bottom line is I feel I got my money's worth and then some.
@David E. One last comment and then I think if I go any further I'll start sounding like a fanboy. I just completed the training and am still very satisfied. I learned a lot and have all the docs and supporting videos that I can look at again. There is 19 hours of video training and probably close to 100 documents to review. Sounds like the amount of content you would get a a weekend boot camp. So be prepared to devote the time needed to go through it all. But all but a couple of hours are presented by @Cody Sperber. So you aren't getting it second hand from hired staff. And Cody is one of those guys that is immediately likeable and has a very good presence on video. The other couple of hours are his attorney, Bill Bronchick. Depending on where you're from may impact your impression of Bill. I'm from NY so Bill's direct and to the point way of speaking is what I grew up on and I'm told that's my style as well. So if that's your style you would enjoy his portions as well. Now that I live in the south I find that a lot of folks here are a little put off by that style. Thy find it a little brusk. I wouldn't have it any other way. So that's my take on this training. This isn't an endorsement, just my opinion. I'm glad I bought it. Everyone will need to make their decision.
Hey Christian it's Sperber...the Free House Formula is a creative financing course ($97 one time investment) that is by far some of the best training I have ever put together. It covers subject 2, exact wraps (sometimes called mirror wraps), wrap around mortgages, seller carry backs, lease options, owning and managing rentals, and all inclusive contract for deeds. The training has 6 modules of step-by-step video training, all the forms and contracts you will ever need...and I had my attorney record himself showing you how to fill everything out. Plus the lead generation section is top notch.
I show you how to acquire using creative financing then sell using creative financing...in many instances you end up with no cash out of pocket (once the whole transaction in done) and a house that pays you cashflow and builds wealth (hence the FREE House Hook!)
There will be people (like Michael Carbonare here) that immediately talks smack about any guru. I get it. There are a lot of bozo's online pitching lame products. And nowadays you can get everything online for free in some form or another...but even the free stuff has a price! Never forget that as you navigate this business. Time is your most valuable asset and if you have to spend 100 hours trying to piece everything together then it actually costed you WAAAAYYYYY more than simply investing into a $97 course that has everything organized for you. AND I CAN GUARANTEE THE CONTRACTS ALONE IN MY COURSE ARE WORTH OVER $5000.
Listen...I have been in this business for over 16 years. Educating for over 12. I've seen the many come and go and have fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) created most of the so called "gurus" you see today. I'm not here to pitch my stuff...in fact...I'll tell you straight up DON'T BUY IT. Call Michael here every time you have a question...I'm sure he knows a ton about making 10's of millions and is more than happy to answer all your questions for free and take you to the promise land.
I'm just over here running a development company (Green Elephant Development), a wholesaling company (Sell Quick For Cash), an education Company (Clever Investor), another education company (100 Million Academy), 2 high level masterminds (Avengers for REI Investors and 100 Million Mastermind Experience for entrepreneurs), and a supplement company (Osnap).
I think Bigger Pockets is freaking awesome. Great place to learn, network, and the tools are amazing. I get a lot of flack on here because "I'm a guru" but I'm still here all these years later because I care deeply about my students...their results...and the quality of anything I am associated with. Best of luck on your journey and I hope this response helps in some way or another.
Sperber out.
I don't know much of what the Cody is doing now...
But I for one am thankful to him. I started with his $497 dollar program back in the day (5 years ago).
Unlike many gurus he actually put a LOT of effort into that product. I too have a product now and I KNOW how much work it takes to build something like that. The dude reenacted a lot of the teachings, made it visual for you. Provides us with contracts... not everything I agreed with (sorry Cody), but that is the point. It is an education. You learn the theories and take what you learned and apply it your way.
Again, I have gotten too busy (and successful ) in REI to keep checking and stalking him, but he is a big part I am successful now.
Having purchased his program, I know he is not a scammer. I have no idea how successful his products are, but the product I bought was nothing other than education. Not because you study to become a lawyer does it mean you WILL become a successful one.
And the guy is goofy. You have to like goofy guys!
Again, the way the product I bought was put together it was more that ridiculously obvious he tried extremely hard to release a really good product. Hence, not a scammer.
Cody Sperber, that was a beautiful response that sealed it for me I am going to sign up. Bottom line yes you could spend hours and hours collecting this information on your own it would take more then 10 hours to construct a contract or heck make a video (I mean they are a pain the tush) Or for a nominal fee "I can provide you with a lot of the information all at once in one place" which I don't know about the rest but I could use something like that. Lets just say I make $10/hr. and I know I will spend at least 10 hours running around in what will feel like a big circle. So if you save me 10 hours not to mention what is the most valuable to me, and that is my nerves well then the your product (even though I haven't purchased yet) will have been money well spent. Also, I disagree with the comment of being called a guru is a bad thing. I say kudos to you for doing something so well you can be called that unless the idea is only to do something halfa$$ in life at something, but I believe it's to do something so well that others want to know how you did it so kudos. Smile, you now have "haters" that means you have made it I believe. I think I might be correct (just an opinion) that jealousy or envy, might have something to do with those discerning comments. I know I am envious, but more then envious I'm curious and eager to learn who you did it. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and I hope to benefit from it. Again, Cody Sperber Great Reply to a post/comment, I think that was the best "boom b*@#$%" I have seen in long time but in a tactful way of course very professional as well made it even more awesome to read. Thank you again!
Jennifer
Hey Christian it's Sperber...the Free House Formula is a creative financing course ($97 one time investment) that is by far some of the best training I have ever put together. It covers subject 2, exact wraps (sometimes called mirror wraps), wrap around mortgages, seller carry backs, lease options, owning and managing rentals, and all inclusive contract for deeds. The training has 6 modules of step-by-step video training, all the forms and contracts you will ever need...and I had my attorney record himself showing you how to fill everything out. Plus the lead generation section is top notch.
I show you how to acquire using creative financing then sell using creative financing...in many instances you end up with no cash out of pocket (once the whole transaction in done) and a house that pays you cashflow and builds wealth (hence the FREE House Hook!)
There will be people (like Michael Carbonare here) that immediately talks smack about any guru. I get it. There are a lot of bozo's online pitching lame products. And nowadays you can get everything online for free in some form or another...but even the free stuff has a price! Never forget that as you navigate this business. Time is your most valuable asset and if you have to spend 100 hours trying to piece everything together then it actually costed you WAAAAYYYYY more than simply investing into a $97 course that has everything organized for you. AND I CAN GUARANTEE THE CONTRACTS ALONE IN MY COURSE ARE WORTH OVER $5000.
Listen...I have been in this business for over 16 years. Educating for over 12. I've seen the many come and go and have fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) created most of the so called "gurus" you see today. I'm not here to pitch my stuff...in fact...I'll tell you straight up DON'T BUY IT. Call Michael here every time you have a question...I'm sure he knows a ton about making 10's of millions and is more than happy to answer all your questions for free and take you to the promise land.
I'm just over here running a development company (Green Elephant Development), a wholesaling company (Sell Quick For Cash), an education Company (Clever Investor), another education company (100 Million Academy), 2 high level masterminds (Avengers for REI Investors and 100 Million Mastermind Experience for entrepreneurs), and a supplement company (Osnap).
I think Bigger Pockets is freaking awesome. Great place to learn, network, and the tools are amazing. I get a lot of flack on here because "I'm a guru" but I'm still here all these years later because I care deeply about my students...their results...and the quality of anything I am associated with. Best of luck on your journey and I hope this response helps in some way or another.
Sperber out.