Cashflow 101 Game

Cashflow 101 Game

Investor · White Lake, MI · Member since 2013 · 165 posts · 41 votes
Anyone on BP have the Robert Kiyosaki Cashflow 101 game? I thought it might be a good way to get my wife more interested in real estate and learn how powerful passive income is. Is it worth the $75 investment?
2Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2013 · 391 posts · 116 votes
13y

Hi Brad T., I played the e-game version of both Cashflow 101 and 202 pretty extensively. This was early on in my efforts, and I feel I got a lot out of them. I haven't played the actual board game, but I think it's a good way to introduce concepts and get a feel for investing.

Be warned though, it can be kind of tough until you learn the concepts, and a turn-off for people if they fail early on (probably bad childhood memories of Monopoly coming back to haunt them). I had played extensively before my wife did, and so I was able to guide her through the concepts the couple of times we played together. She didn't end up frustrated, and ended up winning once or twice.

I'd say there's no replacement for discussion and dialogue about investing, but I enjoyed it, and I think my wife did too.

Hopefully that helps!

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    I believe if you register you can play the online version for free here:

    http://www.richdad.com/apps-games/cashflow-classic.aspx

    Haven't played the physical board game but the online version is pretty fun (and free) and keeps score for you automatically.

  • Lender · Ladera Ranch, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Cash Flow 101 is a great game to introduce others to the concepts that so many of us here believe in. Speaking of J. Massey, he hosts cash flow game events to meet and network with people. Seems like a great strategy and it's worked for him. You attract people who are interested in investing and trying to learn but don't know how to get involved. You educate them, get to know them, and, if your needs match up, you get a business partner, private money investor, or someone who can bring you deals. Hosting cash flow games isn't in my current business model but it's a great idea, especially for those starting out.

  • Realtor · Westwood, MA · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    YES! 

    Bought it, played it weekly at my home with others and formed great friendships AND ideas!

    Once in a while we would even become the same "character" when starting the game and try strategies other than the ones typical to the way we play just to see what would happen.

    Have fun and if your in Massachusetts.. INVITE ME  it's fun (but then I'm a Monopoly fan as well)

  • Investor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    We bought the kid version on eBay and had a blast playing with our co-workers and our kids a couple of weeks ago. The kids were ages 9-14 and after a short while of playing really got into the game, Going to a networking event next Saturday and playing the "adult" version with other investors.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    I've never played but been invited many times - and not knocking it - but have a question:

    ARE MANY EXPERIENCED INVESTORS PLAYING THE GAME?

    Is it primarily an education game to get people used to the idea of investing in real estate, building net worth, and/or attracting less experienced investors? What have you learned from the game? I'm going to have to go play..

    @Wendell De Guzman , I'd be particularly interested on hearing your opinion about the game, as an experienced investor..

    The only people I know that have invited me have not been very active in INVESTING in RE. Mostly just talking about it. I AM A HUGE FAN OF NETWORKING, and encourage everyone to do it. I would also encourage you to do it with those who are active investors, in addition to those who are learning or earlier in their investing career.

    The only person consistently inviting me to play for the last 2 years is still inviting me. But I've been busy chasing down deals, networking with other active investors, and building a $1MM+ RE portfolio. And she's still going around that board in her rental.. One anecdotal story about the game.

    IF YOU GET TOGETHER WITH SOME GREAT PEOPLE, BUILD RELATIONSHIPS, AND ENJOY IT, AWESOME :) JUST DON'T FORGET TO GET OUT THERE AND BUYS SOME DEALS!! ;)

  • Battle Creek, MI · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I found a free online version for pc. I couldn't get it to work on my iPhone. Haven't seen any players online. I'm playing every night. Hope this helps.

    http://www.richdad.com/apps-games/cashflow-classic

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.