• Property Manager
  • Mount Vernon, NY
Votes |
advice + team-building for college rentals in oneonta, ny

Billy Archer
  • Property Manager
  • Mount Vernon, NY
Posted Feb 12 2021, 10:57

Longtime property manager of multifamily Coop and Condo buildings here, and a former student at SUNY Oneonta. Over the past year I've gone through a mindset transformation which has given me the hunger to break out of my employee mindset of 13 years. It started with improving my credit score, then getting a loan for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, and now it's progressed to getting out of this work situation that has not gotten any better for me.  I am going to hold onto the W2 job in order to begin the journey, as I know it will be easier to secure a loan this way, plus I need to fund my life.

Rather than continuing to go through analysis paralysis and give myself excuses to start tomorrow instead of today, I've bottled up the frustration to fuel a path to my goals.  

I need to create a team in the City of Oneonta, NY where I can find deals to analyze and acclimate myself with the struggles associated with college rentals in Oneonta specifically.  I'm prepared to create a business model rooted in college rentals for cash flow, and using leverage to scale up quickly thereafter.  I intend to self-manage until I can quit my W2, or until it gets to be too much for me.

I would like to hear from every college rental investor in Oneonta that is willing to help a newbie out with info.  

Also, are there any attorneys, lenders, contractors, agents or real estate agents or wholesalers that you know and trust, or maybe you are one of them?  I'm going to keep telling myself to ask this tomorrow unless I click send and get it out there.

Loading replies...