Votes
Christopher Gingras
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
Assistance with Buildium

Christopher Gingras
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Jun 22 2017, 09:48

I was hoping to find someone that could assist with some coaching / initial set up with Buildium. 

Looking for someone that was very knowledgeable with the software and can help us get off on the right foot.  At this point we are up to 53 units that I am self managing with a full time job so getting this organized is quite critical.

We have loaded 39 units into the software but have not yet added a recent 14 unit apartment complex.  

We would definitely compensate the individual for their time and any ongoing questions that may arise.  I can set up a webinar to facilitate the process.

Its mostly intuitive but I just do not have the time to get over the learning curve.

Thanks

Christopher

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Hershberger
  • Union City, PA
Votes |
  • Union City, PA
Replied Jun 22 2017, 10:41

I searched on Upwork for someone to help you. There was over 100+ with Buildium in their keywords

Rose H looks good. Here is her profile link

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0172d2be1e213cb5ab/

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Replied Jun 22 2017, 12:23

Thanks Gabriel.... I too need a VA for buildium.. the learning curve for buildium has been more difficult than I expected to move towards automatic property management

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Gingras
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
  • Gainesville, FL
Replied Jun 22 2017, 12:25

Very helpful.  Thanks Gabriel.  Seems like there might be a career opportunity in Buildium coaching.

I definitely agree Will, a little more challenging than I thought.

User Stats

Votes
Marla B.
  • Wholesaler
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Aug 29 2017, 14:47

Support line wait time is in excess of 30 minutes. After waiting 15 minutes I'm asked to give a callback number. (why wasn't I given that option BEFORE waiting 15 minutes?) I finally get a callback but have moved on to other work and have to get back to my question

I have been paying for Buildium for months.  It took quite a while to move my data from Propertyware to Buildium.  We made the switch because Propertyware asked for more money for each additional service while we have under 50 buildings to manage.  I was promised technical support from Buildium. Its just not there. The screens are not intuitive and Buildium does not define their data points well so it is very difficult to move data from another software because so many of the data points are ill defined.
My ledger started each property with thousands in debt even though my ledgers were balanced and there was not debt for any property at the time. Buildium support told me that they did not know where Buildium generated this random "rent income" start date. Meanwhile the back-ground noise in the call center drowned out the conversation so much that I could not hear the person I was speaking with and could barely hear my own thoughts. For whatever reason, the call was disconnected THREE times. 

When I told the support staff employee "Cam" these issues he recommended that I cancel the service.