High School Senior in need of a mentor.

7 Replies

I am a 17 year old high school senior and I am looking to get into real estate once I turn 18 and move to college. This year I am trying to learn as much as possible about investing and the market as well as raise as much capital as possible. As I learn more I see the need and the importance of a mentor. I would be happy to assist you in anything in exchange for your knowledge as long as it doesn't interfere with school hours. I live in the Sunrise/Fort Lauderdale area. If anyone is interested, I would greatly appreciate it and please message me with contact information.
Thank you in advance.
-Avery

I suggest while in college find the local investment club in your area.  Network and learn as much as you can.  Dont now if you should distract yourself while in college but if you can handle the school work and learning RE at the same time then good luck!!

Its great you're ready to get started so soon, but don't wait for a mentor. Focus and study on your own.

I agree with @Rosston Smith , don't wait. Read. Get out and get experience. Apply to be an admin for an agent. Talk real estate with everyone you know. You don't generally get a mentor by asking for one. You get one through interactions. If I was looking for a mentee, I would look for those taking action.

@Avery Kolber I hope your real estate journey has been treating you well! I'm also a high school senior in Broward. As a fellow young real estate newbie, I know how you feel. I've never been to one, but feel free to PM if you'd like to attend a local REIA meeting together sometime.

@Bryan Marin I'm also in the broward area I go to school. We should all link up and go to a reia meeting .

I agree that getting a mentor is the absolute shortest route to success. Just curious, what are you looking to master?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.