New to Real Estate 路 Plantation, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 41 posts 路 46 votes
In addition to the REIAs and REIC meets we should all be going to, I was thinking of setting up a meet up for just us SoFlo Newbies. It's a good chance to meet more fellow BPers over some brews. We can share our newby experiences, trials, hardships, and successes and just make some new friends! We all know it can be intimidating out here as first timers, so what better way than to connect with a bunch of us on the same level! One thing I've learned so far, it's been extremely motivating meeting like-minded people with the same energy, drive, and passion.
I saw some interest in another Ft. Lauderdale meetup post, but I don't think it really panned out. So If anyone in this SoFlo area is interested, just comment below if you're interested, and even a good place to go if you have a suggestion. Invite your friends, family, pastor, dog, whoever. Let's just have a good relaxed time.
If we get any feedback, I'll set something up. Funky Buddah?
Realtor 路 Fort Lauderdale, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 66 posts 路 49 votes
8y
Hey Mitchell!
Great idea! I've been wanting the same thing!
&You know you can count me in! How about starting a weekly or monthly meet up?
I've connected with newbies all over the place but I really want to form or be in a power group in South Florida. Right now there's a group of REI that meet up at Del Rey Beach and along time about there was a group doing a meet up/s at MIA Brewery.
But a meet up for newbies would be nice. I think it will be even better to meet up with a purpose in sharing brilliant ideas and brainstorming. We need passion driven people with a desire to succeed!
Just to throw some ideas out and we don't have to do all of these....
Meet up 1 day a week,
Make a Facebook group,
Have a group chat,
Video chat 1 day a week,
.... To keep constant communication and hold each other accountable. :)
Realtor 路 Fort Lauderdale, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 66 posts 路 49 votes
8y
Hey Mitchell!
Great idea! I've been wanting the same thing!
&You know you can count me in! How about starting a weekly or monthly meet up?
I've connected with newbies all over the place but I really want to form or be in a power group in South Florida. Right now there's a group of REI that meet up at Del Rey Beach and along time about there was a group doing a meet up/s at MIA Brewery.
But a meet up for newbies would be nice. I think it will be even better to meet up with a purpose in sharing brilliant ideas and brainstorming. We need passion driven people with a desire to succeed!
Just to throw some ideas out and we don't have to do all of these....
Meet up 1 day a week,
Make a Facebook group,
Have a group chat,
Video chat 1 day a week,
.... To keep constant communication and hold each other accountable. :)
New to Real Estate 路 Fort Lauderdale, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 8 posts 路 8 votes
8y
Hi everyone! I鈥檓 definitely interested and would love to surround myself those who will keep me motivated and we hold each other accountable. Please keep me posted on dates and times. Feel free to DM me for my phone number for group chats and such! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
In addition to the REIAs and REIC meets we should all be going to, I was thinking of setting up a meet up for just us SoFlo Newbies. It's a good chance to meet more fellow BPers over some brews. We can share our newby experiences, trials, hardships, and successes and just make some new friends! We all know it can be intimidating out here as first timers, so what better way than to connect with a bunch of us on the same level! One thing I've learned so far, it's been extremely motivating meeting like-minded people with the same energy, drive, and passion.
I saw some interest in another Ft. Lauderdale meetup post, but I don't think it really panned out. So If anyone in this SoFlo area is interested, just comment below if you're interested, and even a good place to go if you have a suggestion. Invite your friends, family, pastor, dog, whoever. Let's just have a good relaxed time.
If we get any feedback, I'll set something up. Funky Buddah?
Great initiative. Back in the day- I had this same idea... We called ourselves the Bigger Pockets Real Estate Meetup (maybe 2015) I hosted 4 events until BP contacted me and asked me to change the name. I am down again.
That is a great idea. I would love to attend and get involved in any way I can!
Rental Property Investor 路 Riviera Beach FL 路 Member since 2017 路 89 posts 路 54 votes
8y
Hi Mitch, great idea. Unfortunately I will be in NY till the end of '18. do you have any reputable agents, inspector, and/or handyman. in Broward you can share, please
New to Real Estate 路 Plantation, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 41 posts 路 46 votes
8y
This is great, loving the feedback and energy already.
@Sarah Torres I knew you'd be in! In addition to the Delray and Miami meetups, a Broward meetup should be a nice complement and help fill in the area gap. Great ideas, and 100% on board with all of them, let's make this power group happen!
@Account Closed I did wonder about using the BP name also, now I know! Was your group down here in Florida also? Will be great to start this up again along with you.
We can take a vote on the day and time... so Weekday or Weekend? Mornings or evenings?
For me a weekday during the evening may work. Weekends, I'm free at any time.
And we can post this on Bigger Pockets under the events section - Once we figure out the location.
South Florida ("Ft. Lauderdale / Broward County / Miami-Dade Meet up") One of those options LOL. Which ever works for everyone, I'm usually all over the place!
I'll be looking for more people to invite as well. :)
OOOUUU I can bring my REI folder to share information I've learned, my ideas notebook and books that I've found helpful.
.....And then imagine we meet up at a bar and I'm the only dork with all these books HAHAHHAA Oh well!!
We can take a vote on the day and time... so Weekday or Weekend? Mornings or evenings?
For me a weekday during the evening may work. Weekends, I'm free at any time.
And we can post this on Bigger Pockets under the events section - Once we figure out the location.
South Florida ("Ft. Lauderdale / Broward County / Miami-Dade Meet up") One of those options LOL. Which ever works for everyone, I'm usually all over the place!
I'll be looking for more people to invite as well. :)
OOOUUU I can bring my REI folder to share information I've learned, my ideas notebook and books that I've found helpful.
.....And then imagine we meet up at a bar and I'm the only dork with all these books HAHAHHAA Oh well!!
Anyways... I'm really looking forward to this!!!
I think that sounds like a great idea. We can further coordinate. For me I will be traveling back and forth from Miami to Ohio over the next couple of months, but I'm sure that if we are able to establish a date I will be able to make sure that I can be there! I think this is a great idea and will be very helpful in building relationships and networking!
Specialist 路 Broward County, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 52 posts 路 22 votes
8y
It is great to see all of you excited about meeting up with one another and really getting in position to learn from each other. As a fellow "newbie" in the game, I'd love to be a part of building a strong network a like-minded Class of 2018-19 Real Estate Investors. We are all at different stages of the investment cycle so we can surely share the process, the lessons, and the successes with one another.
Let's get together the final weekend of August. I like the idea of this first one being a little more informal. Hopefully everyone is willing to share where they are in the cycle. @Mitchell T.@Leo Jurado@Sarah Torres , I'll help plan the event with you. I look forward to meeting you all. Let's get this party started!
Rental Property Investor 路 Pompano beach, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 478 posts 路 194 votes
8y
Everyone is welcome to the SE Florida investors Association Weekly Meetup @ ABC Chinese 1919 w. Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield beach 33442. We meet every Wednesday @ 12 noon - 130 for lunch & different speaker each week. Buy your own lunch & $5.00 No selling.
Real Estate & Business Network we meet every Thursday 12 noon- 2pm. Denny's 3151 W 9th Ave & Oakland Park Blvd, ft lauderdale 33309, buy your own lunch & $5.00. A different speaker each week. No selling.
Gizzi coffee, federal Hwy Deerfield, 2nd Saturday of every month, free buy coffee or lunch.
These are great meetups because there is a mix of newbie & experienced investors & are very welcoming. No up selling allowed. It is strictly for networking & learning.
Hope to see you there.
Investor 路 Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 183 posts 路 83 votes
8y
@Mitchell T., I鈥檝e been traveling around the Americas the past year (mainly Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay). Originally from Florida, but most recently was living in NYC.
Everyone is welcome to the SE Florida investors Association Weekly Meetup @ ABC Chinese 1919 w. Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield beach 33442. We meet every Wednesday @ 12 noon - 130 for lunch & different speaker each week. Buy your own lunch & $5.00 No selling.
Real Estate & Business Network we meet every Thursday 12 noon- 2pm. Denny's 3151 W 9th Ave & Oakland Park Blvd, ft lauderdale 33309, buy your own lunch & $5.00. A different speaker each week. No selling.
Gizzi coffee, federal Hwy Deerfield, 2nd Saturday of every month, free buy coffee or lunch.
These are great meetups because there is a mix of newbie & experienced investors & are very welcoming. No up selling allowed. It is strictly for networking & learning.
Hope to see you there.
That's great. You guys meet up quite often, I'll definitely try to make it out to one of those. Thanks for the invite!
Ft lauderdale FL 路 Member since 2018 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
8y
hello everyone I鈥檓 Shane, I鈥檓 a complete newbie and looking to meet new friends with the same interest and your idea sounds great and funky Budda is a fantastic spot, count me in and let me know more details on when
Hey guys, Im also a newbie and @Mitchell T. idea for the meet up sounds like a perfect idea. Count me in! Funky Buddha sounds like a good meet up spot, looking forward to it.
Accountant 路 Hollywood, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 13 posts 路 30 votes
8y
Good morning everyone! I am a little late to the parry but I would love a Broward meet up! I see a majority of people saying weekends are better so can we try maybe two or three weeks out, say August 25th? That way we can capture some people who may not have seen this post yet and gives plenty of time to plan?
hello everyone I鈥檓 Shane, I鈥檓 a complete newbie and looking to meet new friends with the same interest and your idea sounds great and funky Budda is a fantastic spot, count me in and let me know more details on when
Hey Shane, welcome to BP absolutely great place to connect with people who are like-minded as well as learn about real estate and investing! Feel free to reach out to me any time.
Loxahatchee, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 5 posts 路 1 vote
8y
Good Evening everyone this sounds like a fantastic idea! I am also a newbie just starting out and would like to meet people with the same desire and interest as me in real estate. Looking forward to any future events I may be busy this weekend and the following week.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 97 posts 路 48 votes
8y
Weekend meetup (No sunday morning) will work for me. Saturday morning (9AM or 10AM) or Saturday afternoon (3PM) meet up in FT LAurderdale area would be preferred.