Zillow Rental ad notifications

3 Replies

I've spent all morning searching Zillow for the answer to these questions, but haven't found anything yet.  So I thought I'd check the brain-trust here on BP.

I have placed an ad on Postlets for my open rental home.  I see that the ad has been placed on Zillow and have received several notifications on my phone from Zillow for potential tenants.  However, when I tap on the notification on my phone, Zillow takes me to my profile page attempting to force me to complete my "agent" profile (I'm not an agent, so I don't have the Professional Information that it is attempting to collect).  I assumed it would take me to a list of contacts who have requested more information from me.  When I log into Zillow on my computer, there is no indication that there have been any contacts from potential tenants. 

Am I wrong that there is a list of past contacts on Zillow?  I'm relatively new and haven't posted anything to Postlets or Zillow, so I'm not sure what to expect.  The Postlets and Zillow sites are very vague on how the contact process works (at least as far as I can find...).

I think that in order to access any inquiries on Zillow, you have to have an account with them.  

Thanks for the reply Rob.  I think I do have an account with them (userxxxxxx) that is displayed when I log into Zillow.  When I view the ad for the property in Zillow, it shows that same userxxxxxx ID as the Manager for the property, so I think it is linked to my account properly.  I just don't have any of the agent info filled out on my profile, since I'm not an agent.

With my recent Postlet add, the Zillow email did have the person's contact info, but the responses from Trulia did not, and I had the same issue. I made sure that in the body of my ad I requested that the person put their full email address in their response.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you